Skip to main content
Class of 2016
- Sean Book, MBA/MFA in Theatre Management has accepted a position as the Philanthropic Engagement Manager for Children's Musical Theatre San Jose.
- Caitlin Bryson, MBA/MFA in Theatre Management has accepted a position as the Management Associate for Page73 Productions in New York City.
- Natalie Cruz, BA, hosted "Let's Create: A New Play Festival" through The Found Theatre of Long Beach. Read more about Natalie Cruz's festival.
- Tahirih Moeller, BA won second place in the Hip Hop Theater Creator Awards at the Kennedy Center American College Theatre Festival for her play A Live Mixtape. Her play Actually Oranges will be produced at Long Beach Playhouse in 2017 by Up and Coming Actors.
- David Weber, MFA in Performance Pedagogy directed Harvest by Manjula Padmanabhan at the Illinois State University School of Theatre and Dance, where he is an Assistant Professor of Acting. This futuristic Indian play won the 1997 Onassis Prize for the best new international play, and runs April 14 - 22, 2017. More information about David Weber's production is avaialble.
Class of 2015
- Tyler Bremer, BA, hosted "Let's Create: A New Play Festival" through The Found Theatre of Long Beach. Read more about Tyler Bremer's festival.
- Elena Flores, MFA in Costume Design designed the costumes for Echo Theatre's production of Dry Land, which is being remounted at Center Theatre Group's Kirk Douglas Theatre May 12 - 21, 2017 as part of CTG's "Block Party" celebration of Los Angeles theatre.
- Caitlin Huss, BA will also be attending Anitoch University of Seattle to pursue her MA in Drama Therapy.
- Megan Knowles, MFA in Costume Design created an original gown for faculty member Alexandra Billings to wear to the 2016 Emmy Awards, and was named to both Variety and ABC TV's Best Dressed lists.
- Colleen McCandless, BA has won the John Cauble Short Play Award from the Kennedy Center American College Theatre Festival for her play Fledgling, which will be directed by Jeanette Farr-Harkins, the National Playwriting Program Chair for KCACTF, at Glendale Community College, April 1st - April 11th. Additionally, Fledgling is being expanded to 90 minutes and performed at the STAGEStheatre in Fullerton from April 1st - April 9th.
Class of 2014
- Demi Boyd has accepted a position as the resident stage manager for the San Diego Civic Youth Ballet.
- Kyle Gladfelter has accepted a position as lead stage manager for the Wizarding World of Harry Potter at University Studios Hollywood.
- Suzannah Gratz is the co-director of LOUDMOUTH, which is performing at The Tank in New York. Read more about Suzannah Gratz's production. She will also be attending New York University to pursue her MA in Drama Therapy.
Class of 2013
- Sebastian Arboldedo, BA in Performance is in his third year of the MFA Acting Program at Yale School of Drama, where he is starring in Blood Wedding.
- Nick Davidson, BA in Lighting Design is the principle lighting designer for Diavolo Dance Company and Thinkwell. Read more about Nick Davidson's work.
- Amanda Knehans, MFA in Sceneic Design designed the sets for Echo Theatre's production of Dry Land, which is being remounted at Center Theatre Group's Kirk Douglas Theatre May 12 - 21, 2017 as part of CTG's "Block Party" celebration of Los Angeles theatre.
Class of 2012
- Nicholas Pilapil, BA in Theatre Arts will be having his a staged reading of his play Young Dumb Broke High School Kids produced by Arts at Play (AAP).
Class of 2011
- Erica Larocque , MBA/MFA in Theatre Management recently started as the Events Manager for GLBTQ Legal Advocates and Defenders (GLAD).
Class of 2009
- Madison Mooney, BA has been named Executive Director of the Long Beach Playhouse.
Class of 2008
- Raymond Lee, BA has been cast in an upcoming Alan Ball-led HBO TV series, and was featured on the February 2017 cover of American Theatre. He played Quang in Manhattan Theatre Club's production of Vietgone. Lee originated the role in the world premier at South Coast Repertory in 2015.
- Sean Gray, BA has been named Artistic Director of the Long Beach Playhouse.
Class of 2007
- Christina Vee (Velenzuela) is the voice of the Ladybug on Nickelodeon's Miraculous: Tales of Ladybug & Cat Noir
Class of 2006
- Jeremy Aluma, BA in Performance, the founder and Artistic Director of the award-winning Four Clowns clown troupe, has been accepted into and is now attending the MFA in Directing Program at The Theatre School at DePaul University. His production of The Elaborate Entrance of Chad Deity has received 3.5 stars in The Chicago Tribune Jeremy is a member of the CSULB Theatre Arts Alumni Mentor Circle.
- MacKenzie Meehan, BA in Performance, plays Polly on HBO's new series Vinyl.
Class of 2005
- Sylvia Bush (née Cervantes), BA in Performance, an LA-based director, has been accepted into and is now attending the UCLA MFA Directing Program. She is the recipient of UCLA's Graduate Opportunity Fellowship.
Class of 2003
- Xochitl-Julisa Bermejo, BA, Xochitl is doing a poetry foundation residence at the Gettysburg National Military Park.
Class of 2000
- Jason Rogel, BA has been cast as Ricky in Kevin from Work. He has also starred in Hart of Dixie, Dexter, Bones, The Office, Man Up!, Zach Stone Is Gonna Be Famous and the SyFy Original Swamp Shark. Jason is a member of the CSULB Theatre Arts Alumni Mentor Circle.