The U.S. Passport Application Acceptance Office at CSULB is designated by the U.S. Department of State to accept passport applications for First Time Passport Applicants and/or Passport Renewal
First Time Applicants
First time applicants must complete an Application for a U.S. Passport (Form DS-11) and provide required documents
Proof of United States Citizenship (only one of the following is required)
- Original State-issued birth certificate
- Certified copy of State-issued birth certificate
- Original Certificate of Naturalization
Note: Birth certificate abstracts from California and Texas are not accepted. Birth records issued by a hospital are not accepted. Also, applicants may be required to submit original name change documents (marriage certificate, divorce decree, adoption papers).
Photocopy of U.S. Citizenship Evidence
If submitting an expired U.S. passport book or card as citizenship evidence, no photocopy is required.
- Current State-issued driver's license
- Current State-issued ID Card
- Current Military ID
Photocopy of ID front and back
Recent Color Passport Photo
- One recent passport photograph (A photograph service is available at the CSULB Passport Office.)
- Check or money order payable to the U.S. Department of State for the passport application fee.
- Credit card, debit card or money order payable to CSULB Passport for the application execution and photo fees. The execution fee is set by the U.S. Department of State.
- Children under 16 years of age must apply in person with both parents present (for consent and proof of identity).
- Minors 16 or 17 years old must apply in person with one parent.
Note: When presenting a passport to prove citizenship of a child, a birth certificate is also required to verify the parents’ relationship to the child.
Adults who are renewing a passport may qualify for renewal by mail and should complete the Application for a U.S. Passport by Mail, Form DS-82. For eligibility requirements and to obtain the application by mail form, visit the CSULB Passport Office or go to Form DS-82. Applicants using the DS-82 are responsible for mailing it to Passport Services. The cost to renew a Passport Book or Passport Card by mail is $110 and $30 respectively.
Please refer to the U.S. Department of State website for the most current passport application processing times.
To check the status of a passport application already submitted, please visit the U.S. Department of State.