U.S. Passport Applicants
The U.S. Passport Application Acceptance Office at CSULB is designated by the U.S. Department of State to accept passport applications for First Time Passport Applicants and/or Renewal
First time applicants must complete an Application for a U.S. Passport (Form DS-11) and provide required documents
Proof of United States Citizenship (only one of the following is required)
- Birth certificate
- Original State-issued birth certificate & photocopy in black and white
- Certified copy of State-issued birth certificate & photocopy in black and white
- Original Certificate of Naturalization & photocopy in black and white
- Expired U.S. passport book or card
Note: Birth certificate abstracts from California and Texas are not accepted. Birth records issued by a hospital are not accepted. Also, applicants may be required to submit original name change documents (marriage certificate, divorce decree, adoption papers).
Photo Identification (must bring the physical ID & photocopy of front and back)
- Current State-issued driver's license
- Current State-issued ID Card
- Current Military ID
Recent Color Passport Photo
- One recent passport photograph (Photograph service is available at the CSULB Passport Office for a fee)
- Check or money order payable to the U.S. Department of State for the passport application fee.
- Credit card, debit card or money order payable to CSULB Passport for the application execution and photo fees. The execution fee is set by the U.S. Department of State.
- Children under 16 years of age must apply in person with both parents present (for consent and proof of identity).
- Minors 16 or 17 years old must apply in person with one parent.
Note: When presenting a passport to prove citizenship of a child, a birth certificate is also required to verify the parents’ relationship to the child.
Adults who are renewing a passport may qualify for renewal by mail and should complete the Application for a U.S. Passport by Mail, Form DS-82. For eligibility requirements and to obtain the application by mail form, visit the CSULB Passport Office or go to Form DS-82. Applicants using the DS-82 are responsible for mailing it to Passport Services. The cost to renew a Passport Book or Passport Card by mail is $130 and $30 respectively.
Please refer to the U.S. Department of State website for the most current passport application processing times.
To check the status of a passport application already submitted, please visit the U.S. Department of State.