CERTIFICATE IN BUSINESS LAW
The CSULB College of Business through its Legal Studies in Business Program and Legal Resource Center is offering a complimentary Certificate in Business Law. This eight-week program provides small business owners or individuals thinking about starting a business, an opportunity to understand basic legal concepts and procedures to build a successful and sustainable business model. No legal background or prerequisites are required. All material is provided.
- Ability to understand the law
- Knowing your rights
- Navigating the legal systems
Upon completion of this course, attendees will acquire the following:
- Understanding the various sources of U.S. Law
- Comprehension of both civil and criminal procedure
- Obtain skills to read a contract in relation to state and federal laws.
- Know how to register a fictitious business name (dba) and business.
- Recognize the value of the Intellectual Property and registration process.
- Apprehend real property issues including Tenant and Landlord
Explore the various aspects of Business Law as you follow your learning path through the weekly modules of this online course.
- Orientation module Welcome to your Online Campus
- Module 1 Introduction to U.S. Law including sources of law, civil procedure
- Module 2 Business Entities - dbas, Sole Proprietorships and General Partnership
- Module 3 Business Entities – LLC, LP, Corporations and other hybrid entities
- Module 4 Intellectual Property with focus on Trademarks
- Module 5 Employment law including contract review and discrimination
- Module 6 Real Property with focus on Tenant/Landlord Rights
- Module 7 Criminal and Constitutional law including criminal procedure
- Module 8 Funding and other Monetary Sources