Garden members enjoy the benefit of our reciprocal admissions partnership. Members of all levels receive free admission to over 300 gardens nation-wide through the American Horticulture Society's Reciprocal Admissions Program (RAP) and members at the Associate level and above receive free admission to over 800 museums in North America through the North American Reciprocal Museums (NARM) program. See below for more information on both programs.
American Horticulture Society's Reciprocal Admissions Program
- We recommend that you call all gardens ahead of time before you plan your visit. Some gardens have exclusions for special events or exhibits, or if you live within 90 miles of the garden (see the 90-mile Exclusion below), etc. Each garden has its own unique admissions policies, special events, and hours of operation, which is also why we recommend checking ahead of time to get the most up to date information.
- Present your current membership card at the admissions counter or gift shop to receive the RAP benefit(s) listed for that garden. Each card will only admit the individual(s) whose name is listed on the card. In the case of a family, couple, or household membership card that does not list individual names, the garden must extend the benefit(s) to at least two of the members. It is at the garden’s discretion to extend benefits to more than two individuals. Some gardens may require a photo ID.
- Remember that the gardens you visit rely on admissions and donations to maintain their collections and gardens for all to enjoy. Please support them by visiting their gift shops or making a contribution.
- Be sure to check each garden’s listing to determine the benefits offered.
- The 90-mile Exclusion allows gardens to exclude members of other gardens within 90 miles of them from receiving their reciprocal benefit(s) unless the gardens mutually agree to lift the exclusion. For AHS members, the exclusion is based on their home address. Please contact the garden you belong to or the garden you plan to visit to inquire about this guideline.
North American Reciprocal Museums Association Program
*Only applies to Associate level members and up. To upgrade your membership, please contact our membership department
To participate in the reciprocal admissions program, simply present your current membership card validated with accepted NARM identification to any participating NARM institution to receive:
- Free/member admission during regular museum hours
- Member discounts at museum shops
- Discounts on concert/lecture tickets*
Guests are not included unless they present a current membership card validated with the accepted NARM identification. Family memberships are determined by each participating institution and it is recommended that you contact the institution you plan to visit prior to visiting to avoid any confusion.
*Note that some institutions restrict benefits. Contact the institution you plan to visit for more information.