Getty Marrow Undergraduate Internship
Museum Registration Internship
Application Deadline: April 14, 2023, 5:00pm
Full-time paid internship for Summer 2023
Paid, consecutive 10-week internship from June 5–August 11, 2023
View or download job listing
Supported by a grant from the Getty Foundation, Carolyn Campagna Kleefeld Contemporary Art Museum of California State University, Long Beach seeks a Getty Marrow Undergraduate Intern for Summer 2023 to support museum registration. Intern hours will be Monday through Friday, 8:30 am to 5:30 pm for 10 consecutive weeks. To support the Museum’s goal of making our collection accessible online, this internship will focus on the examination of collection works, digital artwork records management, and making the website a helpful educational tool for all. The museum registrar will train the intern to successfully use the collections management system (EmbARK) in addition to teaching the ethics, standards, and professional practices related to online collections management.
Tasks include working with the chief curator to identify priority two-dimensional works for the online collection, researching accession files for historical content, collaborating with the education department to best utilize collections software functions, copyright research, digitization of records and/or media, and other related assignments. The intern will maintain the manual/style guide of methods, guidelines, and strategies for data entry. Great attention to detail is required; careful and precise management of data is integral to the success of this project.
- Be of a group underrepresented in museums and visual arts organizations, including, but not limited to, individuals of African American, Asian, Latinx/Hispanic, Native American, or Pacific Islander descent.
- Be currently enrolled as a full-time undergraduate student (bachelor's degree program or associate's degree program). Students must have completed at least one semester or two quarters of college by June 2023. Students who graduated after April 1, 2023, are also eligible. (Students who are enrolled in a second BA or BS program are not eligible.)
- Reside or attend college in Los Angeles County.
- Be a United States citizen or permanent resident (non-citizen authorized to live and work in the United States on a permanent basis; also known as a "green card" holder). Students with DACA (Deferred Action for Childhood Arrival) status valid through the internship period are also eligible.
- Students who have previously served as Getty Marrow Undergraduate Interns at Carolyn Campagna Kleefeld Contemporary Art Museum are not eligible for consideration.
How To Apply
Please email the following application materials to Registrar Alyssa Torres at firstname.lastname@example.org using the subject line “Getty Marrow Registration Internship”:
- Current resume
- Cover letter describing how requirements are met, your interest in the internship, and how the internship will help further define career goals.
- Name and contact information for two references (professor, past/current employer, community leader, supervisor, etc.). Letters of recommendation are not required but are encouraged.
This internship will be in-person and in strict adherence to CDC and other guidelines.
Deadline to apply is April 14, 2023 at 5:00pm. Interviews will take place April 17 through April 21, 2023 via telephone or video conference.
Alyssa Torres, Registrar
Carolyn Campagna Kleefeld Contemporary Art Museum
Email: email@example.com | Phone: (562) 985-7604