With over 330,000 graduates, our members stand out as those who are committed to being a part of the university even after graduation. As a card-carrying member, you also have access to special benefits that non-members do not. Membership for graduates is a one-time $49 fee*.
Not a graduate of CSULB? You can join too
We invite parents, faculty, staff, emeriti and friends of the university to become members as well. Associate members (attended but did not graduate from CSULB) and Affiliate members (friends of the university) join for $49 and renew at $25 annually.
For information on your current membership status, please call us at 562.985.5252 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Stay connected to The Beach. With subscriptions to Beach Connection and Beach Pride e-newsletter, you’ll learn about upcoming events in your area, and the latest news and topics impacting the campus. Members also receive BEACH, the twice-yearly university magazine.
Your membership investment allows the Alumni to support many university programs and works hard to make sure that students of today and tomorrow know what pride and tradition is all about. Membership supports:
- Mentor a student: Learn more how you can impact student success.
- Dinners with Twelve 49ers: Host a dinner at a restaurant, your home or business to share career advice with students.
- myBeach Program: Gets CSULB seniors involved with the Alumni by providing them with a yearlong senior experience in addition to preparing them for life after graduation.
- Alumni Grants Program: Since 1991, nearly $900,000 has been distributed through the Alumni Grants Program to enhance our academic departments and non-academic programs on campus, enriching the student experience.
- Library Access: Show your membership card for access at any CSU campus library. (Restrictions apply)
- Student Recreation & Wellness Center: Receive a 2-week complimentary pass and 10% discount on an annual membership. New members also receive 50% off one service during the 2-week complimentary period
- Other Recreation Facilities
- College of Professional & International Education (formerly CCPE): Alumni receive a 30% discount on many non-credit courses offered by the CPIE.
- Theatre Arts: Show your membership card or campus ID to receive the student price on tickets to performances.
- Athletics: For regular season home games, present your membership card at the Walter Pyramid Box Office or corresponding venue to receive the student price.
- Earl Burns Miller Japanese Garden: Alumni receive discounts on admission fee ($1 discount), Garden membership dues ($10 discount), and wedding packages ($100 discount).
- Free Wifi: Contact our office during business hours to get temporary non-secured Wi-Fi access.
- Career Development Center: Services and are available to all alumni for 1 year after graduation, with continued services available for an annual fee.
- LinkedIn: Join our LinkedIn group of over 10,000 fellow Beach alumni.
- Portfolium: A host of e-portfolio and job search services are available free to alumni.
Financial / Insurance Benefits
Alumni may be eligible for discounts on auto and homeowners insurance through our affinity partner Liberty Mutual Insurance. Other insurance products are available through Mercer Consumer. Members can also join the LBS Financial Credit Union for good rates on various financial products.
- AMC Theaters, $11* for all movies
- Aquarium of the Pacific, $22* adult, $14 child (available online only)
- Harkins Theatres, $8* VIP Classic, $9* VIP Ultimate
- Knott's Berry Farm, $44* adult single ticket
- Knotts Soak City, $38 adult single ticket
- Legoland, $82* adult, $77* child, $86* Hopper: adult, $83* Hopper: child
- Edwards-Regal Theaters, $9.25* single ticket, $28* bundle (2 Ultimate tickets, $10 Concessions card)
- San Diego Safari Park, $49* adult single ticket, $39 child single ticket
- San Diego Zoo, $49* adult single ticket, $39 child single ticket
- Six Flags Magic Mountain, $55* single ticket
- Speed Zone, $30* single ticket
- Raging Waters, $32* single ticket
- Universal Studios, $89-105* single ticket (prices vary by day), $109* Season Pass
Available at the ticket counter in the University Student Union when you show your membership card.
Offerings and prices are subject to change. For more information, call 562.985.4834.
*Membership fee includes a $5 donation to CSULB Alumni.