The Chancellor’s Doctoral Incentive Program (CDIP) aims to increase the number of individuals who demonstrate potential as doctoral students and who may be interested in applying for future CSU instructional faculty positions.
The Chancellor's Doctoral Incentive loan is $10,000 per year for three years and forgivable for those with full- or part-time teaching appointments at a CSU campus. Recipients must be CSU employees in order to receive loan forgiveness. Being awarded the CDI loan is not a guarantee of employment at the CSU.
This exemplary program has been in existence for over 20 years and has resulted in the hiring of over 600 CSU faculty members in a wide range of disciplines. Currently, more than 50 CSULB faculty members are former recipients of this competitive award.
Who Can Apply
- The program is open to applicants who will be new or continuing full-time students in doctoral programs at regionally accredited universities anywhere within the United States.
- Applicants are not required to have attended the CSU nor to have been accepted in a doctoral program at the time of their application.
- Each applicant is required to have a full-time tenure/tenure-track CSU faculty advisor who will provide professional mentoring and networking opportunities throughout the student’s educational experience.
How to Apply
Applications are to be completed and submitted electronically only after the campus coordinator reviews the draft. The draft will need to be submitted for review by no later than Tuesday, February 1st. The campus coordinator will provide feedback and will then send the link to qualified applicants for the applicant to submit their final application and documents. You can reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org to set up an appointment with the campus coordinator.
- Curriculum Vitae
- Qualification and Motivation Statement
- Collaborative Plan of Support
- CSU Faculty Position Announcement
- Three letters of recommendation –You will need to enter an e-mail address for each and a link will be sent to your recommenders for them to upload their letter, you do not have to share these with the campus coordinator.
- Application form( A link will be provided after documents are reviewed by the campus coordinator. Please reach out to her, and feel free to ask to meet with her if you have any questions regarding her feedback.
*Please note all documents will need to be saved in PDF format
The campus deadline for application electronic submission is Tuesday, March 1, 2022 at 5 p.m. Final decisisons will be sent out June 2022. If you have any questions feel free to contact Michelle Ramirez, email@example.com, Assistant to Vice Provost Jody Cormack, Office of Academic Affairs, Brotman Hall, Room 303.
For More Information
Get further information on the Chancellor’s Doctoral Incentive Program: