Faculty & Campus Partners
The AIM Center is dedicated to supporting faculty, staff, and campus partners in creating accessible instructional materials and content through accessibility training and resources. In compliance with the Accessible Technology Initiative (ATI) and Sections 504 and 508 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the AIM Center is committed to ensuring that instructional materials and content are translated and/or converted into an accessible format for all students regardless of disability. The AIM Center uses the principles and guidelines of Universal Design to encourage accessible practices throughout a student’s academic career and fosters student success for all learning styles and environments.
Faculty with a student with a qualifying disability are encouraged to contact the AIM Center at email@example.com for assistance with:
- Making course materials accessible for students with visual impairments
- Facilitating captioning for videos and other media content for students who are deaf and hard of hearing
The AIM Center works closely with staff and campus partners to ensure that departmental resource materials are made accessible. Our services include:
- Developing accessible fillable forms
- Checking accessibility issues for departmental documents
- Translating leaflets, flyers, and other content distributed to the campus
The following resources are available for faculty, staff, and campus partners:
- 1:1 Training in making course materials and content accessible
- Verifying BeachBoard content is accessible
- Training manuals for Microsoft Word and Microsoft PowerPoint
- Accessible Syllabus Template
- Verifying departmental websites and links for accessibility concerns and providing feedback
- Captioning requests for faculty with a deaf and hard of hearing student enrolled in their courses
- Accessibility support for faculty with a confirmed student with a qualifying disability enrolled in their courses
- Remediation services for campus partners
- BeachBoard ATI Modular courses:
- ATI Modular Training Microsoft Word
- ATI Modular Training Microsoft PowerPoint
- ATI Modular Training Adobe Acrobat PDF
Please refer to our Accessibility Resources page for additional resources.
If you would like to enroll in the BeachBoard ATI Modular courses, please register using the BeachBoard Accessibility Course Enrollment Form.