Training and Support
We offer fundamental, in-depth and customized group training sessions on instructional design, tools and pedagogies. These sessions are available in-person and/or online. Below is a list our offerings and schedule.
30-45 minute, group sessions of basic instructional technologies and methodologies offered live in person.
Get Your Course Ready for BeachBoard 2018
The new BeachBoard makes it easy for you to update courses and for your students to navigate them. Take a look at the upgraded version and receive a “Go-Live Checklist” so you’re prepared to transition in Spring 2018.
- Wed 11/1/2017 9:00-9:45 AM in AS-120
- Wed 11/8/2017 2:00-2:45 PM in AS-120
- Thu 11/9/2017 2:00-2:45 PM in AS-120
- Tue 11/14/2017 8:00-8:45 AM in AS-120
- Wed 11/15/2017 8:00-8:45 AM in AS-120
- Wed 11/29/2017 1:00-1:45 PM in AS-120
- Thu 11/30/2017 1:00-1:45 PM in AS-120
- Tue 12/5/2017 10:00-10:45 AM in AS-120
- Wed 12/6/2017 10:00-10:45 AM in AS-120
- Wed 12/20/2017 9:00-9:45 AM in AS-120
- Thu 12/21/2017 9:00-9:45 AM in AS-120
BeachBoard 2018 Basics
Covers the most important basic features including how to upload your syllabus, email students, and activate your course; While BeachBoard allows many in-depth customization options, this session is for those of you who want to make information available to your students as quickly as possible.
- Wed 11/8/2017 3:00-3:45 PM in AS-120
- Tue 11/14/2017 9:00-9:45 AM in AS-120
- Wed 11/29/2017 2:00-2:45 PM in AS-120
- Tue 12/5/2017 8:00-8:45 AM in AS-120
- Wed 12/20/2017 10:00-10:45 AM in AS-120
Group training sessions that require longer time commitment (e.g., 3-day bootcamp, 8-week course) and is available upon request. Sessions may be offered in-person, online or hybrid. Please contact Jonathan Huer for your requests.
Flipped, Hybrid or Online Teaching Training
Create or re-design your face-to-face class to flipped, hybrid or online. Develop materials for the first three weeks of your course (i.e., syllabus, welcome email, course home page and learning modules with online lectures and in-class activities and assessments).
Enhance Your Flipped, Hybrid or Online Course
Review the quality of your flipped, hybrid or online course and enhance its design, components and delivery based on a course quality rubric (i.e., Quality Matters or Quality Learning and Teaching).
Active Learning Classroom Training
Design engaging activities for your active learning classroom; Incorporate various teaching and learning styles when using the learning spaces and technology in the room. For this particular training, please contact Francine Vasilomanolakis for your requests.
BeachBoard On-Demand/Self-Paced Trainings
Our BeachBoard Help Page is available 24/7 online so you can view video tutorials or read step-by-step instructions at your own time, space and pace.
Instructional Technology Tools Training
Self-paced training on tools for video recording and streaming, web-conferencing, assessment and collaboration are available 24/7 online. Select and click a tool below to review its online help page at your own time, space and pace.
- Recording and Streaming Video Tools: Camtasia, Panopto, Library Streaming Media Collection, Mediasite
- Web-Conferencing Tools: Zoom, Collaborate
- Assessment Tools: BB Quizzes, BB Dropbox, BB Rubrics, BB Surveys, iClicker, Respondus, Respondus Lockdown
- Collaboration Tools: BB Discussions, BB Groups, BeachWiki
We will schedule 1-2 hour in-person trainings for some of these tools so check back later to see what’s available. If you need to request before then, please contact Jonathan Huer for your requests.