What is Qualtrics?
Qualtrics is a simple and secure web-based survey tool used to conduct survey research, evaluations and other data collection activities. It is open to all CSULB students, staff, and faculty.
This frameset document contains:
Qualtrics is licensed at the university level making all features available to use to members of CSULB campus. It is compliant with HIPAA, FERPA, and meets ADA compliance. As Qualtrics maintains data security, it should be the primary tool for CSULB survey administration.
How to Sign-up for Qualtrics
Qualtrics accounts are available for active CSULB students, staff, and faculty. Staff and faculty accounts do not have restrictions.
Student accounts are limited to:
- One active survey at any given time
- Three total surveys allowed at one time (surveys can be deleted and replaced)
- 300 responses across all surveys (deleting responses do not count towards total)
- 300 outgoing emails allowed across all surveys
- A limited collection of assessable survey question types
To sign up for a Qualtrics account connect to: https://csulb.qualtrics.com
- Enter your employee/student ID.
- If it is your first log in then you will need to agree to the terms of services.
- You will then be looking at a screen which prompts you to build a survey.
- To learn how to build a survey please review Qualtrics Training and Resources.
Tutorials and Support
- Qualtrics Tutorials and Guides
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Additional questions? Contact email@example.com.
California State University, Long Beach has a Qualtrics license allowing faculty, staff and students to use Qualtrics for university-related business. Using Qualtrics for personal, commercial or other non-academic endeavors is not allowed.
Your survey/research may require approval by the Institutional Review Board (IRB). Before starting any survey please consult IRB’s website or IRB directly to determine if IRB approval is required.
Your use of Qualtrics is bound by Qualtrics' Acceptable Use Statement.