Tracking Your Degree Progress
You can track your progress toward your degree using the Academic Requirements Report on My.CSULB. This report shows all courses and credit you have taken as well as requirements that have not yet been met. This is a vital tool to help you plan your schedule and ensure that you are on track toward graduation. See the Enrollment Services guide for step-by-step instructions on running your academic requirements report.
Running a “Quick What If”
This function allows you to view an Academic Requirements Report that simulates a different major or minor than what you have declared.
Select the Report Type:
- Baccalaureate – includes all classes for which you are enrolled
- Baccalaureate w/o In Progress – report will only included classes where a grade has been earned
Click on ‘Quick What If” (do NOT click on “Go”)
For each field, use the “Look Up” function, represented by the magnifying glass
- Required Terms – For example, Spring 2010 is represented as: 2102
- Career – usually looking up an Undergraduate, represented as: UGRD
- Program Override – usually looking up an Undergraduate Degree, represented as: UGD
- Plan Override – after click on the “Look Up” Function, you can type in the first three letters of the major you are looking for in the “Academic Plan” field to quickly find the major you want
- Sub Plan Override – only necessary if there is a sub plan or concentration within the Plan
Reading the Report
Need help understanding your Academic Requirements Report? Read the Enrollment Services Guide.