CHHS Academic Advising
The College of Health & Human Services (CHHS) Academic Advising Center provides both general education and major academic advising to currently matriculated CSULB undergraduate students in all of the CHHS disciplines: Criminology & Criminal Justice, Family & Consumer Sciences, Health Care Administration, Health Science, Kinesiology, Nursing, Recreation & Leisure Studies, Social Work, and Speech-Language Pathology.
The office will be closed on the following dates and times:
- Friday, January 17th - Closed all day
We apologize for any inconvenience.
Fall 2019 Drop-In Advising Hours
- Advisor availability will be limited from December 23rd to January 19th. Students may be seen for urgent questions, but drop-in hours will not be available. Drop-in advising will resume January 21st.
- Tuesday, January 21st - 8:30am to 4:00pm
- Wedensday, January 22nd - 8:30am to 4:00pm
- Thursday, January 23rd - 8:30am to 4:00pm
- Friday, January 24th - 8:30am to 3:00pm
- Monday, January 27th - 8:30am to 11:30am
- Tuesday, January 28th - 1:00pm to 4:00pm
- Wednesday, January 29th - 1:00pm to 4:00pm
- Thursday, January 30th - 8:30am to 11:30am
Students will be seen by their major specialist. This may result in students being seen out of order.
Thank you for your patience as we do our best to serve as many students as possible during this busy registration season.
Hours are subject to change depending on advisor availability. Check back often for updates.
CHHS Degree Objective Changes
Do you want to change your major or add a minor/certificate? Review our degree objective change instructions.
Major Specific Requirements (MSR) for CSULB Students
CSULB students must meet Major Specific Declaration Requirements (MSDR) in order to declare a major.
Review the MSR for all majors on the Enrollment Services website.