CHHS Academic Advising
The College of Health & Human Services (CHHS) Academic Advising Center provides both general education and major academic advising to currently matriculated CSULB undergraduate students in all of the CHHS disciplines: Criminology & Criminal Justice, Family & Consumer Sciences, Health Care Administration, Health Science, Kinesiology, Nursing, Recreation & Leisure Studies, Social Work, and Speech-Language Pathology.
The office will be closed on the following dates and times:
- Friday, December 13th - Closing at 3pm
- Wednesday, December 18th - Closing at 2:30pm
- Wednesday, December 25th to Wednesday, January 1st - Campus Closed
We apologize for any inconvenience.
Fall 2019 Drop-In Advising Hours
- Monday, Decemeber 9th - 8:30am to 10:30am
- Tuesday, December 10th - 2:30pm to 4:30pm
- Wednesday, December 11th - 2:30pm to 4:30pm
- Thursday, December 12th - 8:30am to 10:30am
- Monday, December 16th - 8:30am to 10:30am
- Tuesday, December 17th - 2:30pm to 4:30pm
- Wednesday, December 18th - 9:00am to 11:00am
- Thursday, December 19th - 8:30am to 10:30am
Speech Language Pathology and Social Work Advisors will not be available until after 4pm on Tuesday, December 10th.
Students will be seen by their major specialist. This may result in students being seen out of order.
Thank you for your patience as we do our best to serve as many students as possible during this busy registration season.
Hours are subject to change depending on advisor availability. Check back often for updates.
CHHS Degree Objective Changes
Do you want to change your major or add a minor/certificate? Review our degree objective change instructions.
Major Specific Requirements (MSR) for CSULB Students
CSULB students must meet Major Specific Declaration Requirements (MSDR) in order to declare a major.
Review the MSR for all majors on the Enrollment Services website.