CSULB’s Computer Engineering and Computer Science programs deliver the solid theoretical foundation and practical basics to prepare you for a successful career in computing, whether you’re interested in computing careers in healthcare, entertainment, aerospace, automotive, supply management, engineering, data analytics, or many other fields and industries.
- Assistant Professor | Computer Engineering System Design
- Assistant Professor | Game Development and Extended Reality
- Assistant Professor | Software and Data Engineering
- Part-time Lecturer | Computer Science
Choose a Degree Program
A CSULB undergraduate degree in Computer Science or Computer Engineering prepares you for a successful career in computing or entry to graduate school. Graduates work at major high-tech companies, startups, or in fields such as healthcare, where computing professionals play key roles, translating innovative ideas into commercial products that benefit society.
The core requirements of the two undergraduate programs supply a solid theoretical foundation, while electives provide exposure to a wide range of applications. The CSULB College of Engineering is known for accredited programs that emphasize hands-on learning, problem solving, critical thinking, ethics, and design—and produce employment-ready graduates. The Department’s close relationships with local industries ensure that curriculum remains relevant to employer needs. Industry partnerships also benefit students with scholarships, internships, and future jobs.
Master's degree programs in Computer Science, Engineering, or Engineering Management provide opportunities for more advanced study.
- Bachelor's in Computer Science
- Bachelor's in Computer Engineering
- Minor in Computer Science
- Minor in Cyber Security Applications
- Minor in Web Technologies and Applications
- Master's in Computer Science
- Master's in Engineering (Interdisciplinary)
- PhD in Engineering and Computational Mathematics