K-12 Outreach and Recruitment programs introduce future generations of Science, Technology, Engineering, and Mathematics (STEM) students to the excitement, challenge, and fulfillment of careers in engineering. While targeting all students and demographics, there's special focus on historically under-represented minorities and women in STEM majors.
Outreach programs give local K-12 students, including underrepresented minorities, a chance to think critically while developing their passion for engineering and other STEM careers. Student participants can:
- Tour the university
- Attend college preparatory workshops
- Engage in hands-on activities, and more.
Among the many programs are:
- Future Girls @ the Beach mentoring and residential program
- Women Engineers @ the Beach for high school girls
- Engineering Girls @ the Beach for middle school girls
- MESA programs for low-income students