The CSU Fully Online program provides an opportunity for eligible matriculated students to enroll in one course per term offered by another CSU campus. The program is aimed to facilitate access to all CSU online courses as part of the continuing effort to provide students access to courses needed to expedite graduation. The CSU Fully Online Program is open to all CSULB matriculated students who have earned at least 12 units at CSULB, are in good academic standing, and have a cumulative GPA of at least 2.0.
- Students must be enrolled at CSULB during the period of concurrent enrollment in online courses offered by another CSU campus and have paid tuition fees as a full time-student.
- Students may enroll in one CSU Fully Online Program course per term. The CSU Fully Online Program provides information regarding general education requirements satisfied by available online courses.
- Evidence of completion of course prerequisites may be required by the host campus (i.e., transcripts or grade reports).
- Financial aid eligibility is through CSULB. In addition, students who are eligible for veterans, rehabilitation, social security and other federal, state or county benefits must secure eligibility certification through CSULB.
- Before enrolling in an online course at another CSU, you should consult with your academic advisor to determine how the course may apply to your degree requirements.
For additional information about this program, including a complete listing of all CSU online courses, please visit the
CSU Fully Online Program website. For questions concerning tuition and financial aid, see Financial Aid. For general information, contact the Office of Enrollment Services at 562.985.5471.
Is The CSU Fully Online Program Right For Me?
- Review the requirements below and answer the eligibility questionnaire on the CSU Fully Online Program homepage to see if you are eligible to participate.
- If you are eligible, make sure this program is right for you by completing the Online Readiness Self-Assessment. Before enrolling in an online course at another CSU, you should consult with your academic advisor to determine if the course can apply to degree requirements.
Which Online Courses Will Be Offered Through The Program?
Qualifying students should visit the Schedule of Online Courses at the CSU Fully Online Program website to review courses offered during the semester. This site contains a detailed list of courses offered at other CSU campuses, including General Education designation, pre-requisites, and course numbers. It also highlights several courses that have been screened for evidence of student success and quality execution. For further assistance regarding a course, please contact the campus offering that course. Be sure to consult with your CSULB academic advisor before registering for any online classes.
How Will The Courses Transfer?
CSU Fully Online courses have been articulated with all CSU campuses. Although all courses will fulfill either a General Education requirement or a general elective requirement, some are directly articulated course-to-course. Specific credit for CSU Fully Online courses may be found at the CSU Fully Online Program website. We strongly suggest that you consult with your academic advisor prior to enrollment. Credit earned at the CSU campus offering the online course is automatically reported to CSULB and included on your transcript. Please consult with your academic advisor to determine how a course may satisfy a general education or degree requirement.
How Do You Enroll Through CSU Fully Online?
- Browse the Schedule of Online Courses at the CSU Fully Online Program website for courses offered during the semester. Contact the host campus for registration deadlines.
- Consult with your academic advisor to determine how a course may apply to your degree requirements.
- Pay CSULB tuition and related fees based upon the total number of units for which you plan to register, including units at CSULB and the online course’s host campus. Non-resident students must pay the non-resident per-unit tuition to the host campus.
- Log into your MyCSULB Student Center and click on Enroll in CSU Fully Online to begin your program registration.
- Your request will remain in Pending status until the host campus processes your enrollment.
- Final confirmation of enrollment will be sent to you from the host campus along with information regarding logging into their online self-service portal.
- If you want to drop your CSU Fully Online program class prior to the In-Person Add/Drop deadline, you must do so through the host campus’s site. If you decide to withdraw from all of your classes at CSULB, you must notify your instructor(s) and submit the appropriate withdrawal petition form via email to CSULB Enrollment Services Registration and Grading. Please be aware that withdrawals after the first two weeks of the term are subject to the CSULB Undergraduate Withdrawal Limit Policy.
- Permanent academic records will be maintained at the campus where courses are completed (your host campus). A record of credit earned at a host campus will be automatically sent to CSULB upon completion of the CSU Fully Online program course.
How Much Will It Cost?
- See Tuition and Fees information for CSULB students. Tuition and fees must be paid prior to beginning the enrollment process for CSU Fully Online program courses.
- Non-resident students must pay the non-resident fees applicable at the host campus.
- Online course material fees may apply at the host campus.
What Happens If I Can't Attend My Online Course?
To drop or withdraw, follow the policy and guidelines of the host campus. Also be sure to check the home campus’ deadlines, since they may differ from CSULB’s deadlines.
What Happens After I Have Completed The Online Course?
Credit earned at the CSU campus offering the online course is automatically reported to CSULB and included on your transcript. Later, you will be able to check your Academic Requirements Report located in your MyCSULB Student Center to review how the course credit was applied toward your degree requirements.