Dynamics and Control Lab (ECS-215)
Schedule: M-F: 9 a.m.-4 p.m.
Faculty advisor: Qingbin Gao
The Dynamics and Control Lab focuses on:
- Time-delay systems, and
- Other technologies.
- Cart-inverted-pendulum setup
- Parallel robot
- Cart-seesaw setup
- Robotic arms
- Rotary-inverted pendulum.
Impact Group Engineering Research Lab (ECS-108)
Hours: M-F 9 a.m.-5 p.m. and by appointment
Faculty advisor: Daniel Whisler
The Impact Group Engineering Research Lab specializes in understanding dynamic material and structural behavior when subject to extreme environments such as shock, impacts, or blast loads. Experimental and numerical testing for high strain, high strain rate survivability, blast mitigation, and impact resistance.
- High-strain compressed gas impactor
- Low-strain pendulum impactor
- Drop tower
- High speed camera
Multiscale Mechanics of Materials Lab (VEC-121)
Hours: M-F 9 a.m.-6 p.m.
Faculty advisor: Yan Li
The lab focuses on:
- Multiscale/multiphysics modeling
- Integrated computational/experimental approaches for next generation material design
- Application of material science and solid mechanics in advanced manufacturing.