A summary of all program changes for Fall Semester 2019 is provided below:
- A new expedited parking option will soon be available for students in various General (G) Lots on campus
- This service will resemble a mixture of directed parking, spotting individuals, and an assisted parking service
- Arrive to class much faster now during peak times of campus travel
- Service starts on Aug. 26, 2019
- Full program info is available at Assisted Parking
Donations for Citations
- A new discounted citation payment option for eligible citation types
- Individuals can now choose to donate to the ASI Beach Pantry + a small admin processing fee instead of paying the full citation fee
- Donations + admin fee will provide a savings of approximately 50% to the individual depending on the donation items purchased
- Full program info available at Donations For Citations
TAP Program with Long Beach Transit
- The unlimited TAP U-Pass program with Long Beach Transit will transition to a heavily-discounted plan
- $40 for fall/spring semesters and $30 for summer semester
- The reduced Student Pass Rate via Long Beach Transit is $40/month ($160/4-month semester)
- The U-Pass TAP is a discount of $120 or approximately 75%
- Full program info is available at the Bus webpage
Los Coyotes Shuttle
- The Los Coyotes shuttle will soon transition to fee-based service
- Current fees will be $45 for fall/spring semester
- On-campus shuttles will still be offered free of charge to students
- Full program info is available at the Shuttle webpage
- Beachside Shuttle service will soon transition to ending at 7 p.m., Monday-Thursday, and 4 p.m. on Fridays.
- Beachside parking privileges will be valid on the main campus in any General (G) Lot all day on Friday, Saturday, and Sundays.
- Full program info available at the Shuttle webpage.
License Plate Recognition (vehicle maximum)
- Permits will be limited to 2 active vehicles at a given time
- Full LPR program info can be found at our License Plate Recognition (LPR) FAQ
- Starting on August 9, 2019, users will be allowed to have two vehicles per permit.
- For full instructions on how to add/remove vehicles, please see the How To Maintain Your Parking Account [PDF].
Electric Vehicle Charging Services
- The one-year complimentary cloud and maintenance service waiver from Chargepoint has expired
- Students and staff members will now be asked to pay a small fee to charge their electric vehicles at campus charging stations
- Community member fees will remain the same
- Full info at Electric Vehicle Charging Stations
Cashless Pay Stations
- All pay stations have now transitioned to a cashless operating system
- Our pay stations accept debit and credit cards
- If you wish to pay cash for a parking purchase, please visit the VIC or the Parking Office during normal business hours
- Refunds are not provided for Daily or Short-Term parking purchases and all transactions are final
Citation Fee increase
- Citation fees on campus will rise this year for the first time since January 2008.
- Our fee amounts will be placed at the level to other CSU campuses in our area, but still lower than most campuses in the CSU system
- Full citation fee info is available at Citation Fee Schedule
Parking Permit scheduled fee increase
- This year will be year third year of our 4-year previously agreed upon fee increase schedule
- Full fee increase schedule can be found at 4-year parking fee increase