The improving economy and changes in the K-12 finance system has resulted in an increased number of teaching and leadership positions opening up in our local schools and communities. This is a great time to be finishing your degree or credential! Your program has prepared you well for your next step-finding a job!
You are encouraged to visit the University Career Development Center (Link) website and sign up for CareerLINK (Link). This is a great resource for our students and you should visit it often as they may have postings not listed on this page.
Best to you in your new career and Go Teach!
Career Resources Provided by the Career Development Center (Link)
- Recent Grads Webinar - Job Search Strategies: Wednesday, June 5th from 12-1pm, Online
- Resume Writing: Tuesday, June 11th from 12-1pm, BH-250
- On-Campus, Part-Time and Full-Time Jobs: Thursday, June 13th from 1-2pm, BH-250
- Top Interview Tips: Wednesday, June 19th from 12-1pm, BH-250
- Los Angeles Unified School District K-12 Teachers. Apply at teachinla (Link) for the chance to interview on campus. More information on On-Campus Interveiws (Link)
- ChildCare Careers Preschool and Afterschool Teachers: Deadline May 25th
- California Psychcare Behavior Interventionist: Deadline June 11th
- Tutors for Tots Tweens and Teens School Psychologist - Fall 2019: Deadline July 27th
- San Luis Coastal Unified School District Resource Specialist - Fall 2019: Deadline July 27th
- Individual Career Counseling
- Mondays-Fridays 8am-5pm
- Personalized 1-on-1 appointments
- 30-min or 60-min depending on topic
- Sign up on CareerLINK
- Drop-In Advising
- Mondays-Fridays 11am-4:30pm
- Resume & Cover Letter Reviews
- 15-min sessions
- No appointment required
RSVP or APPLY Via Career Link
- Log in to sso.csulb.edu (Link)
- Select CareerLINK
- For events and Workshops, see Events Menu and RSVP
- For Jobs and On-Campus Interviews, see Jobs & Internships Menu and Apply
SPEECH LANGUAGE PATHOLOGIST - Anaheim Union High School District
Apply on EdJoin (Link)
LIBRARY MEDIA CENTER ASSISTANT - Arcadia Unified School District
The Library Media Center Assistant works under the direction of the Elementary School Principal and provides library and media services for students, teachers and staff; works directly with large and small groups of students for various activities; coordinates day-to-day activities and operations of the library; assists students, teachers and staff in the selection of library materials and equipment.
Application must be submitted through EdJoin (Link).
ASPIRING TEACHERS - partnership with Dramatic Results, LBUSD and CSULB
- Work directly with students at six LBUSD campuses
- Work closely with credentialed classroom teachers
- Get to know school administrators
- Connect with nine community, educational STEAM agencies
SEVERAL OPENINGS - Green Dot Public Schools
TEACHING POSITIONS - Academic Enrichment Camp, CSULB
MATH TEACHER - Upward Bound, Long Beach City College
What is Upward Bound? Upward Bound serves high school students from low-income families, who are first generation college students. The goal of Upward Bound is to increase the rate at which participants enroll in and graduate from instutions of post-secondary education.
Our summer program takes place at Long Beach City College-Pacific Coast Campus from June 20 through July 11, 2019 and Whittier College from July 14 through July 27, 2019. Candidates must be available for both components.
For more information, please email email@example.com or call (562) 938-3177.
TEACH ENGLISH IN JAPAN - AEON Corporation
AEON Corporation, one of the largest English Conversation schools in Japan, offers full-time teaching positions, a good salary, and a lot of support to help our newly hired teachers with their move to Japan. For more information about AEON, please feel free to visit our website at www.aeonet.com (Link).
Kyla Krause and Katie Regnier, AEON recruiters, will be visiting California State University, Long Beach on March 21 from 4:00-5:00 PM in the Career Center (Link) to speak with students about the opportunity to teach English in Japan with AEON and also to answer any questions.
SUMMER DAY CAMP INTERNSHIP - Manhattan College, New York
The Manhattan College Non-Credit Program is looking for energetic and fun leaders interested in working with children ages 6 to 12 as camp activity tutors. The group size ranges from 10-12 children per group. This internship holds a responsibility to ensure the children's safety, manage the children's behavior, and act as a role model and mentor. The intern must conduct the children’s participation in all daily activities and work closely with other staff members to ensure a happy, fun but safe environment for the campers. The intern will also have to design and coordinate safe but fun STEAM related activities for our campers. Learn more about the camp at manhattan.edu/summercamp (Link)
Benefits: Paid Housing and $200 weekly stipend
Term/Summer Camp Dates: Monday, June 24 to Friday, August 16, 2019. Monday through Friday 8am to 6pm. No activity on July 4th.