If you need to be away from work for a period of time, you may be eligible for a paid or unpaid leave of absence. The following leaves are available for faculty members.
The following leaves of absence are available to faculty for purposes such as research, scholarly and creative activity, instructional improvement or faculty retraining.
- Sabbatical Leaves
- Difference-in-Pay Leaves
- Personal leaves of absence without pay may be granted for reasons such as outside employment or purposes of a personal nature.
- Professional leaves of absence without pay may be for purposes of research, advanced study, professional development or other purposes to benefit the campus.
Medical leaves of absence are available for the following:
- Caring for your own serious health condition
- Caring for a family member with a serious health condition
- Parental leave
Additional Types of Leaves
- Paid Bereavement Leave (Article 23)
- For the following types of leave with pay, see Article 22 in the Collective Bargaining Agreement.
- Military Leave
- Jury Duty Leave
- Leave to Vote
- Absence as a Witness
Leaves for Teaching Associates and Graduate Assistants
The Collective Bargaining Agreement has information on leaves of absence for teaching associates and graduate assistants (Unit 11 employees).