Check here regularly for updates
The Library building is closed as of Saturday March 21 until further notice. All online services are still available.
All books currently checked out have their due dates extended until August 31, 2020. This should be reflected in your Library Account page. (Students not enrolling in Fall 2020 will have a due date of July 21, 2020). If you notice a problem, please contact: email@example.com If you need to return your book and won't be on campus, you will be able to mail your book to the library once the building is reopened. The address will be posted here when the library building is reopened.
Please contact librarians with any questions you have:
Research help via chat, text, and email:
- Chat with a Librarian
- Email your question
- Text your question: 562.286.6857
- Contact specific Librarians directly
Resources available online:
All physical books are temporarilay unavailable. Link+ and CSU+ are temporarily suspended. Those items currently checked out can be returned to the library when the building opens again.
Main Library Phone: 562.985.8472
Accessing the internet:
The Horn Center lab will be open 8AM to 5PM Monday through Friday. Call (562) 985-2303 or check http://www.csulb.edu/academic-technology-services/horn-center
Eduroam enables its students, faculty and staff free access to secure wireless connectivity when visiting other participating institutions by using their CSULB BeachID account.
More internet access information:
The following resources refer to discounts or special options from a range of internet providers for those who may not have access to the Internet from off-campus locations. Please contact the providers directly to understand if they may apply to you:
- FCC agreement (.*pdf) stating that providers will waive late fees, not cutoff service for lack of payment, and open hot-spots.
- Comcast: offers free Wi-Fi for 2 months to low income families plus all Xfinity hot-spots are free to the public during this time
- AT&T: offers open hot-spots, unlimited data to existing customers, and $10/month plans to low income families
- Verizon: no special offers, but following the FCC agreement.
- Sprint: follows FCC agreement, provides unlimited data to existing customers, and, starting Tuesday, 3/17/2020, will allow all handsets to enable hot-spots for 60 days at no extra charge.
- T-Mobile: follows FCC agreement, plus unlimited data to existing customers, and, coming soon, will allow all handsets to enable hot-spots for 60 days at no extra charge.
If you need a Chromebook loaned to you, please call 562-985-5587 or visit Brotman Hall 377 (Monday-Friday, 8 a.m.-5 p.m.).
Please contact your librarian with any questions you have about library resources.
- Library instruction is available in coordination with individual faculty and their librarians.
- Library instruction may include email/chat consultations, research assignments developed by librarians and faculty together, instructional videos posted on the web and/or zoom meetings.
Materials Immediately Available
- Librarians can help with using online features to limit to only available electronic materials.
- Digital/electronic materials are available via the CSULB Library website.
- This includes electronic articles, eBooks, videos, etc.
- Publishers have been increasing the availability of their content-free on a short-term basis. New resources will be added to the library catalog as they are made available. (See Sources for an Online Environment)