The Graduate Studies Resource Center (GSRC) aims to enhance post-baccalaureate opportunities and success at California State University, Long Beach.
The GSRC is a centralized source of information for graduate programs, application procedures and deadlines, student funding, and graduate writing support. Located on the 5th floor of the Library, the Center offers study space to students and small work groups. The Center is open to all students, from all majors/disciplines.
The GSRC provides graduate school related resources and events for prospective and current post-bac students related to graduate studies including:
- A centralized hub of information and campus resources including post-baccalaureate programs, student funding, and graduate opportunities on campus
- One-on-one advising for current graduate students or students interested in applying to graduate school by appointment or drop-in basis (appointments are recommended)
- Individualized support with applying to graduate programs including writing the statement of purpose, preparing the CV/résumé, securing letters of recommendation, and learning about funding for graduate studies
- Graduate writing support for post-baccalaureate students (credential, masters, certificate, doctoral) seeking one-on-one help for a class paper, thesis/dissertation, research project, or grant proposal (by appointment only)
- Graduate school-related workshops for all current and prospective grad students (see Workshops & Events page for details)
- Preparation for college entrance exams including the GRE and GMAT
- Funding opportunities for student scholarships and travel grants for students to attend academic conferences
- Graduate events including the GSRC’s annual CSULB Graduate Program Information Fair, Graduate Writing Institute, and CSULB Graduate Research Conference
- Short-term laptop loan program for CSULB post-baccalaureate students
- Study space for students – all undergraduate and graduate students welcome
Students interested in pursuing a post-baccalaureate program (e.g., masters, doctoral, credential, or certificate) are encouraged to visit the GSRC located in Library 504 or contact us for more information.
The GSRC is dedicated to enhancing post-baccalaureate opportunities, program completion, and student success at California State University, Long Beach by providing academic and professional support services for current and prospective graduate students.