Teacher Preparation Advising Center (TPAC)
College of Education Update Regarding COVID-19
Considerations surrounding novel coronavirus, or COVID-19, are evolving rapidly.
For the remainder of the semester, many staff will be asked to continue to work remotely on most days. Therefore, College of Education offices will not be open normal business hours. Please continue to check the CSULB COVID-19 website for up-to-date information on the evolving situation.
During this time of closure, we will be holding online Zoom advising Monday-Friday from 9am-11am and 2pm-4pm if you would like to speak with an advisor online. To participate in online Zoom advising, click the following link https://csulb.zoom.us/j/418736275. You may also send us an email at email@example.com as we will be monitoring our emails regularly.
Welcome to the Beach!
The Teacher Preparation Advising Center is located in EED-67 and is open from 9:00 a.m.-5:00 p.m. Monday through Thursday and open from 9:00 a.m.-12:00 p.m. and 1:00-5:00 p.m. on Fridays (closed from 12:00-1:00 p.m. for lunch on Fridays only).
The Teacher Preparation Advising Center will be closed on the following dates:
- Tuesday March 31, 2020 - Cesar Chavez Day
- Monday May 25, 2020 - Memorial Day
- Friday July 3, 2020 - Independance Day Observed
Interested in becoming a teacher but don't know where to begin? The Teacher Preparation Advising Center (TPAC) at Cal State Long Beach can help! We offer pre-program and in-program advising and information for the Liberal Studies Bachelors Degree as well as the Multiple Subject (elementary teaching), Single Subject (middle and high school teaching), Special Education (Education Specialist) and Urban Dual Credential Programs. Walk-in advising is available for all programs.
We are located in EED - 67 in the College of Education south of the Campus Library. Some of our other services include:
- FREE CBEST preparation
- FREE RICA preparation workshops
- Teacher Resource Center EED-33
- Free Cracking the CalTPA Workshops
- Academic Advising for the Special Education, Multiple Subject, Single Subject and Urban Dual Credential Programs and the Liberal Studies Undergraduate Program (ITEP and BA only).
- Referrals for questions best answered by other College offices, University Offices, departments, programs or faculty advisors
- SERVE Program for EDEL 200 and EDEL 300 students
Liberal Studies Program
Bachelor Degree in Liberal Studies (Intergrated Teacher Education Program- ITEP or BA only)
- Liberal Studies Department
- Liberal Studies walk-in advising hours are available.
Teaching Credential Programs
- Single Subject Credential Program (SSCP): Middle and High School Teaching
- Multiple Subject Credential Program (MSCP): Elementary School Teaching
- Special Education Credential Program (Education Specialist Credential Program - ESCP): Special Education Teaching (Kindergarten through Age 22)
- Urban Dual Credential Program (UDCP): Combined Multiple Subject and Education Specialist Credential Program
Walk-in Advising is available Monday-Friday from 9:30am-11:30am & 2:30pm - 4:30pm
Hours are subject to change. It is suggested that you contact TPAC at 562-985-1105 to verify hours prior to coming to campus for advising. It is also highly recommended that you attend a program information meeting prior to coming in for advising. See the individual program websites listed above for Information Meeting dates and times.
The University has recently announced that all in-person classes will be suspended for the remainder of the Spring semester as a preventative measure. Please note that this is only as a preventative measure and there are currently NO cases of COVID-19 related to our campus. The Teacher Preparation Advising Center is closed to the public until further notice. During this time of closure, we will be holding online Zoom advising Monday-Friday from 9am-11am and 2pm-4pm if you would like to speak with an advisor online. To participate in online Zoom advising, click the following link https://csulb.zoom.us/j/418736275. You may also send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org as we will be monitoring our emails regularly.