Reappointment, Tenure, and Promotion (RTP)
The University Reappointment, Tenure, and Promotion policies outline the professional standards probationary faculty are expected to meet as well as the evaluation process to be followed. Probationary faculty who are not being reviewed for reappointment, tenure, and/or promotion undergo a Periodic "Mini" Evaluation.
The University uses Interfolio to manage the faculty evaluation process from the submission of materials to the final decision. Interfolio’s secure, online solution for Review, Promotion, and Tenure is conveniently located in CSULB’S Single-Sign on Dashboard. Simply log in using your CSULB username and password at https://csulb.okta.com and click on Interfolio.
Memos and Guidelines
- Instructional Memo: Reappointment, Tenure, and Promotion (RTP)
- Checklist of Primary and Supplemental Documents
- Professional Data Sheet (PDS) Guidelines
- How to Submit Non-Consideration for Promotion (PDF)
- RTP Deadlines for College Faculty
- RTP Deadlines for Librarians & Counseling and Psychological Services (CAPS) Faculty