Vanderbilt University, Peabody College
Ph.D., Special Education
California State University, Long Beach
Long Beach, CA
M.S, Special Education
University of New Hampshire
- Families of individuals with disabilities
- Postsecondary transition for students with low incidence disabilities
- Advocacy for individuals with disabilities
- Parent and student participation in Individualized Education Program (IEP) meetings
Peer reviewed journals
Goldman, S. M., Sanderson, K. A., Barton, E., & Lloyd, B. P. (in press). Using home-school communication to decrease off-task behavior for students with ASD. Journal of Intellectual and Developmental Disability.
Sanderson, K. A., Burke, M. M., Urbano, R. C., Arnold, C., & Hodapp, R. M. (2017). Who helps? Characteristics and correlates of informal supporters to adults with intellectual disabilities. American Journal on Intellectual and Developmental Disabilities, 122, 492 - 510.
Hodapp, R. M., Sanderson, K. A., Meskis, S. A., & Casale, E. G. (2017). Adult siblings of persons with intellectual disabilities: Past, present, and future. International Review of Research in Developmental Disabilities, 53, 163-202.
Hodapp, R. M., Casale, E., & Sanderson, K. A. (in press). Parenting children with intellectual disabilities. In M. H. Bornstein (Ed.), Handbook of parenting. Routledge: New York, NY.
Hodapp, R. M., Sanderson, K. A., & Mello, M. P. (in press). From the postsecondary transition through old age: Caring for adults with Down syndrome. In Burack, J., Edgin, J., Abbeduto, L., & Busciglio, J. (Eds.), The Oxford Handbook of Down Syndrome and Development. Oxford University Press: New York, NY
Accomplishments and Awards
- 2016 Student and Early Professional Award – Families Interest Group
- American Association Intellectual and Developmental Disabilities
- 2016 Chancellors Doctoral Incentive Program (CDIP) Travel Grant Awardee
- 2015 Vanderbilt University, Doctoral Training Grant Recipient
- 2015 California State Universities Chancellors Doctoral Incentive Program (CDIP) Awardee
- 2015 Peabody Graduate Honor Scholarship, Vanderbilt University
- 2015 Peabody Dean’s Fellowship, Vanderbilt University