The liaisons provide a vital communication channel between the Library Faculty and CSULB academic programs. Through the liaison program, library faculty develop relationships with classroom faculty in each department, share information about library services and resources, and support the teaching, learning, and research needs of the CSULB community. This communication channel allows us to:
- Collaborate with classroom faculty and encourage the inclusion of the library as an essential component in teaching and learning.
- Promote the integration of research competencies into curricula.
- Provide library instruction to develop discipline-specific research skills.
- Inform faculty of new and existing research tools, methods, resources, and services.
- Collaborate with faculty to develop collections in their subject areas.
- Create and maintain relevant library research guides to support the curriculum.
Any questions or comments you have about the liaison program can be directed to your library liaison, or to Carol Perruso, Collection Development Officer. Please use our appointment form to schedule a research appointment with your librarian.