- Physics Learning Assistants are undergraduate students who, with the guidance of course instructors, provide free academic support to their peers in PHYS 151 and other physics and math courses, strengthening their own understanding of the course material in the process.
- SAS Peer Mentors offer free tutoring services for all students in the College of Natural Sciences and Mathematics (CNSM) in a variety of lower- and upper-division science and math courses.
- Other tutoring programs are also available on campus.
The following Physics and Astronomy scholarships are applied to through the Beach Scholarships system between November 1 and February 15:
- Irene Howard and Keung Luke Endowed Scholarship
- John E. Fredrickson Endowed Scholarship
- Keung Luke, Charles Roberts and Richard Whiteley Endowed Scholarship
- Kevin Kwok Chan, HK Alumni, Keung Luke Endowed Scholarship
- The John and Terry Milligan Scholarship in Physics
- The Richard and Florence Scalettar Scholarship
Careers in Physics
- Career Development Center at CSULB assists students with exploring career/major options, preparing them for their job search and connecting them to employment opportunities
- APS Physics - Careers provides a gateway for physicists, students, and physics enthusiasts to information about physics jobs and careers.
- Physics Today - Jobs is a searchable database of physics job listings throughout the country.
- Society of Physics Students (SPS) at California State University Long Beach is a professional association explicitly designed for students. Membership, through collegiate chapters, is open to anyone interested in physics. The only requirement for membership is that you be interested in physics. Besides physics majors, its members include majors in chemistry, computer science, engineering, geology, mathematics, medicine, and other fields.
- National Society of Hispanic Physicists seeks to "promote the professional well-being and recognize the accomplishments of Hispanic physicists within the scientific community of the United States and within society at large. The Society seeks to develop and support efforts to increase opportunities for Hispanics in physics and to increase the number of practicing Hispanic physicists, particularly by encouraging Hispanic students to enter a career in physics."
- National Society of Black Physicists seeks to "promote the professional well-being of African American physicists and physics students within the international scientific community and within society at large. The organization seeks to develop and support efforts to increase opportunities for African Americans in physics and to increase their numbers and visibility of their scientific work."