The following department forms are available:
Advancement to Candidacy
Please fill out the form (typed, not handwritten) to the best of your knowledge; ask your thesis or/and graduate advisor if you do not know which form to choose. Follow the format and instruction of the PDF examples. Then, send the form to the graduate advisor.
- Applied Physics Advancement to Candidacy [DOC]
- General Physics with Computational Physics Emphasis Advancement to Candidacy [DOC]
- General Physics Advancement to Candidacy [DOC]
Directed Research & Thesis
Please fill out these forms (typed, not handwritten) with your advisor/supervisor at the beginning of the semester where you take units in one of the classes. Read carefully the information on the forms.
- PHYS 698 Thesis [DOC] (recommended version)
- PHYS 698 Thesis [PDF] also available
- Supervised Independent Study Course [DOC] (recommended version)
- For PHYS 496 Special Problems, PHYS 691 Directed Study, PHYS 697 Directed Research
- Supervised Independent Study Course [PDF] also available
- PHYS 699 Professional Masters Project [PDF]
- GS 700 Graduate Studies [DOC]
- GS 700 requires the signature of the graduate advisor. This form should only used after discussing the matter with the thesis and graduate advisors.
- GS 700 Graduate Studies [PDF] also available
Please fill out this form when you are announcing your thesis.
All information related to the writing, submission process and deadlines can be found in the Library's thesis guide. Note that the department highly recommends writing the thesis with LaTeX. Please contact the graduate advisor to obtain the template.
The travel forms are available on the Controller's Office Procedures and Forms. Please fill out the Travel Request for when traveling to any event on behalf of the university. The Travel Claim form is to be filled out, upon your return, if you will be getting reimbursed for any expenses incurred during your trip.