In its commitment to student success, CSULB provides ongoing resources for professional development to its alumni network, in addition to services for students that want to further their education beyond their graduate studies at CSULB.
- Associated Students Inc. lists part-time and full-time opportunities for students and recent graduates.
- Career Development Center (CDC) guides students through the process of educational, career, and personal discovery in preparing them for success in the global workforce. The CDC offers workshops and consultations on networking, job hunting, résumé building, and more.
- CareerLink is a CSULB online application for students that lists thousands of full-time, part-time, federal work study, and internship positions. This service can be accessed for free through the CareerLink widget through Single Sign-On. Alumni can use CareerLink for free up to one year after completing the program.
- CSULB Research Foundation lists employment opportunities in administration and research. The Foundation also offers postdoctoral fellowships.
Continuing Graduate Education
Students interested in continuing their studies in doctoral or other graduate programs can contact the Graduate Studies Resource Center (GSRC) for help with preparing applications. GSRC services include advising; assistance with personal statements; workshops and events; and information about funding opportunities.
Funding for Doctoral Studies
- California State University (CSU) Chancellor’s Doctoral Incentive Program (CDIP) offers financial loans and mentoring opportunities to promising doctoral students who aspire to become CSU instructional faculty.
- Graduate Studies Resource Center helps students identify external funding for financing doctoral programs.
- Sally Casanova Pre-Doctoral Scholars Program provides funds to current CSU students to help them explore whether graduate school is right for them and to prepare those who would like to pursue a doctoral program in their chosen field of study.
CSULB’s alumni network helps facilitate professional relationships between current students and alumni.