2018 Small Business and Digital Marketing
To meet the needs of today’s “wired” consumers, small businesses must be online and have an integrated Internet, social media and mobile presence.
Just how is Long Beach Small Business doing in managing digital marketing? Results from our latest CSULB-CBA Small Business Monitor survey show increasing reliance on social media like Facebook, Instagram and Yelp versus traditional web pages in reaching out to online consumers. Still today, many small businesses struggle with getting online and maintaining a digital presence.
How Important Is Digital Media and Marketing: Long Beach Small Business
In this Issue
- Managing Digital Marketing Today:More Staff and Fewer DIYers
- What Problems Are You Having With Digital Marketing Today.
- College of Business Administration - Marketing Business Center
The purpose of the Long Beach Small Business Monitor is to provide the greater Long Beach region and community an understanding of the expectations and desires of small business owners
The results are based on surveys of 300 small business people randomly selected from all Long Beach small businesses of 50 employees or less. Results are based on a probability sampling of 300 small businesses in Long Beach, CA (2-50 employees). Under the direction of Dr. Flexo, Marketing Systems Group (www.m-s-g.com) generated a random sample from their frame of all small businesses with addresses in Long Beach. The sample was sent to Opinion Access Corporation a professional data collection facility (www.opinionaccess.com). Each record was called by a professionally trained interviewer at OAC. A final sample of 300 interviews with small business were collected using this industry standard procedure. These results have a statistical margin of error of +/-5.5%.
- 2018 Q1 - Expectations Index 2018 Issue (pdf)
- 2017 Q3 - What Long Beach Business need to Succeed (PDF)
- 2017 Q2 - Long Beach City government Scorecard (PDF)
- 2017 Q1 - Small Business Expectations Index 2017 (PDF)
- 2016 Q4 - Oppose or Support Minimum Wage (PDF)
- 2016 Q2 - Small Business Expectations Index Digital Marketing (PDF)
- 2016 Q1 - Small Business Expectations Index 2016 (PDF)
- 2015 Q4 - Small Business and the Affordable Care Act Year 3 (PDF)
- 2015 Q3 - City Gov’t Job Performance Scorecard. (PDF)
- 2015 Q2 - What Does Small Business Need to Succeed. (PDF)
- 2015 Q1 - Small Business Expectations Index 2015 (PDF)
- 2014 Q3 - Small Business Expectations Index (PDF)
- 2014 Q2 - Struggles with Online Marketing (PDF)
- 2014 Q1 - Long Beach Small Business and the Affordable Care Act. (PDF)
- 2013 Q4 - Small Business Ratings of Local Government Job Performance (PDF)
- 2013 Q3- Small Business Expectations(PDF)
- 2013 Q2 - Good time to open a small business in Long Beach (PDF)
- 2012 Q3 - Small Business Rates Local Government (PDF)
- 2012 Q2 - Inaugural Edition Small Business Expectations(PDF)