Saturday, October 13 from 10 am - 4 pm
(Selection of Morning or Afternoon itineraries)
Six Mid-century Modern Masterpieces - Historic Long Beach sites
Tickets for the Modern Architecture Tour are on sale!
Back by popular demand! Step inside Long Beach architectural gems. Behold design at its finest.
Take this opportunity to get insider access while you support the UAM.
The UAM Modern Architecture Tour responds to public enthusiasm for mid-century modern design. Recently awarded a Preservation Award from Long Beach Heritage for the 2017 exhibition Frank Bros: The Store That Modernized Modern, the UAM continues to celebrate Long Beach's prominent role in modernism, and highlights some of the most important architects of the region.
The UAM is pleased to present a day of self-guided tours through the following sites:
- Gibbs & Gibbs Office, by Donald Gibbs (1963)
- The Mcwilliams Residence, by John W. McWilliams (1958)
- The Killingsworth Residence, by Edward A. Killingsworth (1961)
Sponsored by Studio One Eleven
- Clock, Waestman, Clock Law Offices, by Killingsworth, Brady, Smith (1957)
Sponsored by Dunn-Edwards Paints
- The Pekrul House, 1968 addition to 1924 bungalow by Paul Tay for owners Gus and Carolee Pekrul
Sponsored by Kelly Sutherlin McLeod Architecture, Inc.
- The White House, collaboratively designed by architect Bill Lockett and owner Dr. Katherine White (1957)
Sponsored by Clark Construction
A Garden Party at the home of Sylvia and Ronnie Hartman will provide a festive finish to the day, with an elegantly catered spread, signature cocktails, and an opportunity to socialize with prominent UAM supporters. This cocktail party fundraiser offers a full tour of arts and performance in itself, featuring aerialist performances, an exclusive auction, private art collection tours, and live jazz music.
This fundraising event benefits UAM exhibitions, art education, student programs, collection conservation, and community engagement.
Thank you to our Sponsors!