Marketing Business Center (MBC)
The MBC at the CSULB College of Business Administration (CBA) offers Long Beach regional small and medium sized businesses professional marketing services managed by CBA business students and supervised by CBA faculty.
- Ongoing Marketing Services For Business: Working with the CBA-Marketing Business Center, local business receive essential ongoing marketing support services that they may not be able to afford or have the time or expertise to complete.
- Real World Practical Experience for Students: CBA students working with the Marketing Business Center gain real world practical experience working directly with business clients on actual marketing projects under the supervision of CBA faculty.
- Help Support CBA Student Services: Local business pay a small service fee donation to the CSULB Foundation based on project type and size of business which goes to support CBA student services in the Department of Marketing.
- Market Planning: Development of comprehensive Marketing Plans. Planning projects may include basic business research, situation analysis, positioning and targeting recommendations, promotional recommendations, budgeting, return on investment analysis, and marketing campaign evaluation.
- Digital Marketing: Digital media market planning, setup and regular management of ongoing digital media marketing campaigns. Website creation and ongoing website management, e-mail marketing newsletter campaigns, social media marketing (e.g., on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter), and Internet search market planning and search marketing optimization are among the many digital media and marketing projects undertaken by the MBC.
- Market Research: Secondary research, qualitative market research including focus groups moderated by CBA Marketing Department faculty, survey sampling and online survey research in areas such as segmentation and targeting, product and service development, ad copy testing, media mix, and customer satisfaction research. MBC also conducts datamining research in which large databases are statistically mined for marketing insights in such areas as customer retention, acquisition and promotion of new services
Cutting edge projects that solve real work place problems. MBC results and the process of some recent projects will be shared and showcased here in the future.
Dr. Sam Min is Professor and Chair of the Marketing Department and Executive Director of the MBC.
His expertise is in entrepreneurial marketing, marketing capability business model innovation, CRM, green energy innovation and marketing. He is also the founder/advisor of Smart Whale Control (www.smartwhalecontrol.com) and Eneridge (www.eneridge.com).
Dr. Scott Flexo is Managing Director of the MBC.
His academic concentration is in marketing research, consumer behavior and digital marketing. Dr. Flexo has also worked professionally in private marketing practice for more than two decades offering market consulting for many large and small businesses across the US.
Dr. Reo Song is Assistant Professor of Marketing and Faculty Advisor of the MBC.
His areas of specialization include business analytics, CRM (Customer Relationship Management), digital marketing, diffusion of innovation, and international marketing.
The Marketing Business Center hosts Marketing Forums and Workshops to outreach and network with amazing people.
Forum 2017 Speakers
Eric Romero, City of Long Beach, Economic & Property Development “What is Bizport & How You Can Use it to Grow your Business”
Julia Huang, CEO/Founder, InterTrend and Imprint Venture Lab “Digital Advertising & Promotion Secrets to Grow Small Business”
Michael Steenson & Cody Jensen, Founders, SearchBloom “Search Marketing for Mid-Size Business”
Dr. Reo Song, Marketing Department Faculty, CSULB “Marketing Analytics for Small Business”
Dr. Scott Flexo, Marketing Department Faculty, CSULB “Effective Email Marketing for Small Business Growth”