Bachelor of Arts (BA) Degree in Dance
All students enter CSULB Dance in the Bachelor of Arts (BA) in Dance program, providing students with a balanced course of study that prepares them for careers in dance as performers, educators, arts administrators, health and fitness specialists, and/or graduate study in dance while providing opportunities for study in specific areas of personal interest.
Student Learning Outcomes for BA in Dance
- Majors will develop competency in modern dance and ballet, enabling them to pursue careers in education, health and fitness, professional arenas, or to further their academic dance pursuits.
- Majors will gain an overview of the historical, cultural, and scientific dimensions of dance.
- Majors will have explored the fundamental skills and techniques necessary for the public performance of dance.
- Majors will have practical experience in the production and technological aspects of dance.
- Majors will be able to demonstrate an understanding of the craft and aesthetic qualities of dance orally, practically, and in writing.