POLICY ON NAME CHANGE OF SCHOOLS TO COLLEGES
1. A change from school or equivalent unit to college shall be considered a change in name only.
2. The decision to change shall be left to the discretion of each individual school or equivalent unit.
3. A change from school or equivalent unit to college shall require the approval of a majority of the full-time faculty within the school or equivalent unit, as determined by a vote of that faculty within the school or equivalent unit.
4. A change so approved shall be ratified as an action item on the floor of the Academic Senate without having to go through the normal Senate procedure required for a departmental (academic unit) name change.
5. No general fund monies shall be used to accomplish or support a name change or any consequences thereof.
6. There shall be no increased administrative costs, e.g., no additional administrators, changes in administrative level, or rank or changes in salary, associated with a name change.
7. There shall be no subschool or subequivalent unit, e.g., no department, name change effected as a result of a change from school to college, unless the subschool or subequivalent unit name change is approved using the normal Senate procedures now required for a department (academic unit) name change.