No. 211 Dated
January 8, 1975
SUBJECT: Delegation of Authority - Establish, Increase, Decrease, or Abolish Miscellaneous Fees Not Exceeding Ten Dollars ($10)
This Executive Order is issued pursuant to Paragraph III, Section 6, subdivision (i) of the Standing Orders of the Board of Trustees of The California State University and Colleges.
Effective the spring semester and spring quarter 1975, authority is hereby delegated to the President to establish, increase, decrease, or abolish miscellaneous fees in amounts not exceeding ten dollars ($10) for services, materials or facilities not presently provided by other authorized fees. The President may further sub-delegate his authority to a single academic officer to approve the transactions previously noted. Actions taken by the President or his designee are subject to the following requirements:
1. a. Each miscellaneous fee change authorized must meet the following criteria, be recorded on the prescribed form which is attached and be maintained on file by the President.
b. The criteria are as follows:
(1) The President shall determine those courses for which a miscellaneous fee is essential to the proper conduct of the course and he shall determine the amount of that fee; however, the administration and teaching operating and expense funds allocated from the Materials and Service Fee should cover the basic requirements in all courses. No user fee may be established which all students on the campus would be required to pay.
(2) The student will receive some identifiable material benefit from the miscellaneous fees being charged above and beyond that provided under the Materials and Service Fee. (Clay, lumber, paints, etc., would so qualify. Chemicals and other perishables do not qualify as tangible benefit.)
(3) The student has the option of obtaining the materials or service from sources other than the campus so long as they meet the instructional requirements.
(4) The purpose for which the fee will be charged is not now provided for in other authorized fees (such as Student Services; i.e., Health, Placement, or Counseling).
(5) If a film is necessary for a course, administrative and teaching OE funds should be made available for its rental in the same manner as for other instructional materials.
(6) The income from the miscellaneous fee is to be budgeted and used precisely for the materials or services for which the fee was established.
(7) All miscellaneous fees are to be administered via the State College Trust Fund. Periodic billings, at least quarterly, will be made to the trust where expenditures are first charged in the reimbursed section of the Support Budget.
2. Information copies of each miscellaneous fee change transaction authorized by the President or his designee shall be submitted to the Vice Chancellor, Business Affairs, at the time of approval for purposes of post audit review and for reporting to the Board of Trustees.
Requests for miscellaneous fees which are beyond the scope of this Executive order should continue to be submitted to the Vice Chancellor of Business Affairs.
This Executive Order supersedes Executive Order No. 142.
January 31, 1975
Executive Order No. 211
ACCEPTANCE OF DELEGATION
The conditions, limitations and authority contained in Executive Order No. 211 are hereby acknowledged and accepted.
I hereby authorize and empower
, and (Title) (Campus)
to act for me under the provisions of the authorization contained herein.
Glenn S. Dumke, Chancellor
Trustees of The California
State University and Colleges
cc: Academic Affairs, Chancellor's Offic