January 5, 2011
Requirements For Additional Baccalaureate Degrees
This policy statement supersedes 71-07.
This revised policy was recommended by the Academic Senate on November 18, 2010 and
approved by the president on December 8, 2010.
A student who obtains admission to CSULB as a classified post-baccalaureate student to pursue an additional baccalaureate degree must then complete:
1. minimum of 30 units after the award of the most recent degree, 24 of which must be from CSULB while in matriculated status in the degree program or earned as a senior and approved for post-baccalaureate credit, and
2. a minimum of 24 upper division units, and
3. a minimum of 12 units in the major, and
4. any deficiencies in breadth of knowledge equivalent to general education if they have not received a bachelors or higher degree from a regionally accredited U.S. institution, and
5. fulfillment of the GWAR, and
6. all of the required courses and units not already completed for the new major as specified by the department, and
7. at least a 2.0 in each of these four grade point averages based on courses taken after receipt of the first
A. all units applicable toward a degree, including those accepted by transfer from another institution,
B. all units attempted at CSULB,
C. all units in the major, and
D. all upper-division courses in the major attempted at CSULB.
EFFECTIVE: Fall 2011