SUBJECT: BACHELOR OF SCIENCE IN HEALTH CARE ADMINISTRATION
This program, recommended by the Academic Senate at its meeting of May 14, 1987, received the concurrence of the President on June 3, 1987 and was approved by the Chancellor on June 13, 1988.
Requirements for Admission -- Prerequisites:
All students must complete a minimum of 36 semesters units, or the equivalent, in prerequisite preparatory courses for the major: ACCT 201, ECON 201, ECON 202, A/P 107 or A/P 207, PSY 100, SOC 135, MATH 114, C/ST 200, BIOL 200, MICR 210 or H/SC 400, Q S 310, ANTH 353 or SOC 462.
An overall grade point average of 2.0 or higher is required for entrance to the program. A grade point average of 2.0 is required in all prerequisite programs.
Requirements for the Bachelor of Science in Health Care Administration (code 3-1205):
1. Complete the requirements for General Education;
2. Complete the prerequisite courses;
3. Complete the major course requirements: HCA 312, 314, 320, 340, 341, 342, 353, 400, 410, 416, 445, 450, 465, 480, and 495.
4. Complete electives, as needed, to complete a total of 124 semester units (a minimum of 40 units in the upper division), 30 units must be earned in residence, of these 12 units in the major and 24 in upper-division course work;
5. Successfully complete the University Writing Proficiency Examination;
6. Each major course must be completed with a grade of "C" or better. A course in which a grade lower than "C" is received must be retaken and successfully completed prior to enrolling in any course for which it is a prerequisite. A student receiving a grade lower than a "C" may proceed with other courses with approval of the Undergraduate Advisor.
EFFECTIVE: Fall 1988.