SUBJECT: MASTER OF SCIENCE IN PHYSICS GENERAL OPTION
This program, recommended by the Academic Senate at its meeting of April 28, 1988, received the concurrence of the President on May 9, 1988.
Requirements for the Master of Science in Physics General Option
1. A minimum of 30 units of upper-division and graduate-level courses including PHYS 540A, 550A, 560A, and 695.
2. Not more than 9 units in related fields may be applied to the 30 unit total.
3. A thesis (PHYS 698).
1. A minimum of 30 units of upper-division and graduate-level courses including PHYS 510, 540A, 550A, 560A, 695, and any two of the following courses: PHYS 540B, 550B, 560B.
2. Not more than 6 units in related fields may be applied to the 30-unit total.
3. Passing a comprehensive examination.
EFFECTIVE: Fall 1988