If we want to evolve our teaching, it's important to know why we teach in particular ways. The following articles answer frequently asked questions.
What is Writing Across the Curriculum and why is it important for our students to become better writers?
- Statement of WAC Principles and Practices (PDF) endorsed by the International Network of WAC Programs & the Conference on College Composition and Communication's Executive Committee
- "Writing Across the Curriculum in Historical Perspective: Toward a Social Interpretation (PDF)" by David R. Russell
How does writing instruction help our students succeed?
- "NCTE Beliefs about the Teaching of Writing (PDF)" NCTE General Statement on the Teaching of Writing
What is the impact of teaching grammar in different ways and across disciplines?
- "Grammar, Grammars, and the Teaching of Grammar (PDF)" by Patrick Hartwell
How do I design effective writing assignments?
- Questions for Designing Effective Writing Assignments/Projects (PDF)
- “Assignments from Hell (PDF)”
- “A Genre Approach to Writing Assignments (PDF)”
What Campus Writing Intensive Resources are available?