2019 Edition University Format Guidelines
The 2019 CSULB Format Manual covers all of the formatting rules in depth as well as details about electronic submission.
Students who require an accessible screen read version will need to use Adobe Reader 9.0 or above. From the "View" menu in Adobe Reader, select the "Read Out Loud" option to have the PDF document read.
Along with the university guide, departmental style guides (e.g., APA, MLA, etc.) should be consulted for specific citation and reference style.
If you are using human and/or animal subjects in your research, contact the Office of University Research.
For more information regarding Graduate Programs, please visit the Graduate Studies Website.
Links to Formatting Resources
Click on any underlined item listed below to bring up a new web page with formatting information.
- Departmental Style Guides
- College Designee (Dean/Department Chair/Director on Signature Page)
- Page Order
- How to Set Up Table of Contents
- Copyright Permission Letter Sample (DOC)
- Templates for:
- PowerPoints about Formatting Rules
- The Mini Manuscript (PDF) is set up as a page-by-page example of University Guidelines Manual formatting rules for all pages of your manuscript