Once students are admitted into the university or taking courses at CSULB, they may begin to apply for campus scholarships during the application seasons. In the meantime, since most scholarship applications require current enrollment, we recommend utilizing the BeachScholarships external scholarship database to search for outside opportunities advertised by organizations and businesses who award scholarships to all college students: BeachScholarships External Scholarships.
Rotary Club of Long Beach offers several scholarships for Long Beach residents who plan to attend LBCC or CSULB. For more information, visit Long Beach Rotary Scholarship Foundation
President's Scholars Program
The President’s Scholarships are the most prestigious merit-based scholarships awarded by CSULB. President’s Scholarship awardees are selected from a competitive high-achieving pool of students admitted to the University Honors Program (UHP). They receive not only financial support but also valuable benefits such as priority registration, small classes, individualized/proactive academic advising, and the opportunity to participate in Honors House, the on-campus residential honors community. As members of the Honors program, President’s Scholarship recipients will be a part of a small, nurturing group of diversely talented students who are mentored by stellar faculty and dedicated staff in a family-like atmosphere. Please view the University Honors Program for more information.
There are eighteen NCAA (National Collegiate Athletic Association) sports at California State University, Long Beach. Please contact the coach of the appropriate athletic team regarding scholarship opportunities at the collegiate level by viewing the Athletics Staff Phone and E-mail Directory.
College of Education - Incoming Transfer, Credential, & Graduate Students
College of Education Prospective Students: Transfer, Credential, & Graduate Students
To be eligible for CSULB Scholarships:
- You must have an Admissions application on file with CSULB before applying for scholarships. To apply for admission, visit the CSU Cal State Apply website at (https://www.calstate.edu/apply)
- You must have a minimum cumulative GPA of 3.0 or greater (from the institution where you completed your last degree or your currently enrolled institution).
Note: To be considered for CSULB “Need based” scholarships, you must also submit a Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) or California Dream Act Application (CADA) by March 2, 2020.
How to Apply for CSULB scholarships
- After completing your application to the university via Cal State Apply, submit your request to access the BeachScholarships application using the following link: https://csulb.qualtrics.com/jfe/form/SV_3VkJMWhnj2LDQSV.
Your request will be processed within 5 business days. Please consider this when submitting your request.
- After 5 business days, you will then be able to "activate your Campus ID” – this is required in order to access the scholarship system (https://beachid.csulb.edu/Activate/).
- Once you activate your Campus ID, log into BeachScholarships (www.csulb.edu/beachscholarships) system using your Campus ID and Password.
- Once you have access to BeachScholarships, complete the General Application, College of Education (CED) Application, and any other relevant scholarship applications.
If you are unable to activate your Campus ID or access BeachScholarships after the fifth business day from your request, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org requesting support.
- To ensure ample time to complete your application, submit your request for BeachScholarships access before February 20, 2020.
- Your BeachScholarships applications must be submitted by our application deadline of March 2, 2020, at 11:59 PM.
Incoming Transfer Students & Graduate Students (All Students)
Once students are admitted into the university or taking courses at LBSU, they may begin to apply for campus scholarships during the application seasons. In the meantime, since most scholarship applications require current enrollment, we recommend utilizing the BeachScholarships external scholarship database to search for outside opportunities advertised by organizations and businesses who award scholarships to all college students: BeachScholarships External Scholarships.
Incoming Graduate Students
Graduate Studies Resource Center (GSRC)
The GSRC offers a wide array of information and resources for current and prospective graduate students (masters, credential, certificate, and doctorate). They are located on the 5th floor of the library and welcome all students to visit for information regarding campus events, workshops, funding, and other opportunities for graduate studies
Many CSULB academic departments have Teaching Associate (TA) and Graduate Assistant (GA) positions available for graduate students. Contact the appropriate department for specific information and deadlines for submission of applications. View the list of colleges and academic departments.
CSULB is committed to creating a community in which a diverse population can learn, live, and work in an atmosphere of tolerance, civility and respect for the rights and sensibilities of each individual, without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, religious creed, sex, gender identification, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, medical condition, genetic information, age, Vietnam era veteran status, or any other veteran's status. CSULB is an Equal Opportunity Employer.