Freshmen, transfer, and graduate students may use the Center’s scholarship database to search for opportunities provided by external organizations or entities who award scholarships to college students.
Search by Alphabet
The list below provides External Scholarship opportunities in alphabetical order. If you do not know the name of a scholarship, select ALL to view all External Scholarships listed in the system at this time.
Once students are admitted into the university and/or taking courses, you may begin to apply for CSULB Scholarships. There are few scholarships for which high school students may apply when entering California State University, Long Beach.
Coca-Cola First Generation Scholarship
At this time we are not accepting new scholars to the program, but feel free to meet our current scholars in the program: Meet Our Scholars
Rotary Club of Long Beach offers several scholarships for Long Beach residents who plan to attend LBCC or CSULB. For more information, visit Long Beach Rotary Scholarship Foundation
President's Scholars Program
The President’s Scholarships are the most prestigious merit-based scholarships awarded by CSULB. President’s Scholarship awardees are selected from a competitive high-achieving pool of students admitted to the University Honors Program (UHP). They receive not only financial support but also valuable benefits such as priority registration, small classes, individualized/proactive academic advising, and the opportunity to participate in Honors House, the on-campus residential honors community. As members of the Honors program, President’s Scholarship recipients will be a part of a small, nurturing group of diversely talented students who are mentored by stellar faculty and dedicated staff in a family-like atmosphere. Please view the University Honors Program for more information.
There are eighteen NCAA (National Collegiate Athletic Association) sports at California State University, Long Beach. Please contact the coach of the appropriate athletic team regarding scholarship opportunities at the collegiate level by viewing the Athletics Staff Phone and E-mail Directory.
Incoming Transfer, Credential, & Graduate Students (College of Education Prospective Students Only)
College of Education Prospective Students: Transfer, Credential, & Graduate Students
- Complete an application to the university before February 1, 2018.
- Minimum cumulative GPA of 3.0 or greater (from the institution where you completed your last degree or where you are currently enrolled)
- Submit the latest Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) or CA Dream Act Application (CADA) by February 15, 2018.
How do I apply?
- Complete an application to the university via Cal State Apply before February 1, 2018 (regardless of the program application deadline).
- Attempt to log into BeachScholarships system using your Beach ID / Campus ID and Password.
- If you are not able to log in to the BeachScholarships system, submit a request to the Center for Scholarship Information (CSI) via this link:
Requests will be processed within 2-3 business days. Please note that you will not receive any confirmation emails. It is your responsibility to follow-up on the next steps. Remember, BeachScholarships deadline is February 15, 2018 so plan accordingly!
- Activate your Beach ID / Campus ID - you will need this for the scholarship application: Activating your Beach ID / Campus ID will only grant you access to BeachScholarships. You will gain access to other systems, including campus e-mail, once you are admitted to the university.
Attempt to log into BeachScholarships system again using your Beach ID / Campus ID and Password. Be sure you have activated your account in step #4 before attempting to log in!
Please contact CSI at firstname.lastname@example.org if you are still unable to access BeachScholarships after the 3rd business day from your request.
- Once you have access to BeachScholarships, complete the General Application, College of Education (CED) Application, and any other relevant scholarship applications.
- If you do not see the College of Education Application, send us an email at email@example.com requesting access
- BeachScholarships applications must be submitted by February 15, 2018 at 11:59 PM to be considered.
- In order to be considered for scholarships based on financial need, you must submit the latest Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) or CA Dream Act Application (CADA) by February 15, 2018.
- If you are awarded a scholarship, you must be enrolled in a CED program by August 1, 2018 and maintain eligibility for the scholarship to disburse.
Incoming Transfer Students & Graduate Students (All Students)
Incoming Transfer Students
Community College Scholarships
Once students are admitted into the university and/or taking courses, you may begin to apply for CSULB Scholarships. Often, the institution from which you are transferring offers scholarships to its students. Please contact the scholarship office at your institution to receive more information on scholarships for which you may be eligible.
Incoming Graduate Students
Graduate Studies Resource Center (GSRC)
The GSRC offers a wide array of information and resources for current and prospective graduate students (masters, credential, certificate, and doctorate). They are located on the 5th floor of the library and welcome all students to visit for information regarding campus events, workshops, funding, and other opportunities for graduate studies
Many CSULB academic departments have Teaching Associate (TA) and Graduate Assistant (GA) positions available for graduate students. Contact the appropriate department for specific information and deadlines for submission of applications. View the list of colleges and academic departments.
CSULB is committed to creating a community in which a diverse population can learn, live, and work in an atmosphere of tolerance, civility and respect for the rights and sensibilities of each individual, without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, religious creed, sex, gender identification, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, medical condition, genetic information, age, Vietnam era veteran status, or any other veteran's status. CSULB is an Equal Opportunity Employer.