Beach CalFresh Outreach
For application assistance from a Beach CalFresh Assister, please visit our appointment center. Beach CalFresh Outreach is OPEN for virtual appointment assistance via phone or Zoom.
What is CalFresh at The Beach?
CalFresh is a nutrition assistance program that helps low-income individuals and families buy the food they need. Beach CalFresh Outreach Team guides the student through the application process. Formerly known as ‘food stamps,’ CalFresh is the name of the USDA-funded Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP) in the state of California and connects eligible students with up to $204 per month to spend on groceries.
CalFresh benefits can be used to purchase fresh, local, and healthy produce at grocery stores, markets, and farmer’s markets.
Beach CalFresh Outreach can help you with:
- Eligibility Prescreen
- Application Assistance
- Required Verifications
- Interview Preparation
- Food Resources on & off-campus
- Services during drop-in assistance
This frameset document contains:
CalFresh Application Process
1. Apply online or by appointment with a Beach CalFresh assister.
2. Have an interview with a CalFresh caseworker.
3. Submit necessary documents.
4. Once you’re approved, buy groceries using your CalFresh benefits.