Basic Needs Office
Basic Needs Services
The following on-campus services are available for CSULB students:
- ASI Beach Pantry: Located in USU 313, the pantry provides non-perishable food items for students in need.
- Pregnant and Parenting Students: Visit the Pregnant and Parenting Students website to get information on lactation rooms, changing stations, and more support services designed to help pregnant and parenting students.
Health & Wellness
- CalFresh Outreach Program: The program provides CalFresh benefit eligibility and application assistance to CSULB students.
- Counseling and Psychological Services: One-on-one counseling and group counseling available
- Student Health Services: Services include primary care, women's health, sports medicine, pharmacy, Family PACT, laboratory, radiology/x-rays, and health education programs
- Women and Gender Equity Center: Confidential support for survivors of sexual assault and interpersonal violence through Not Alone @ the Beach
- Beach Crisis Text Line: Text BEACH to 741741 from anywhere in the United States, anytime, and reach a counselor for support. This personalized Crisis Text Line is for students and friends, faculty/staff, and parents/families acting in support of students. Connect with a confidential counselor 24 hours, 7 days per week who can help you immediately. Students will find this information on the back of their student IDs.
- Beach Wellness: CSULB is invested in your wellness. Please check out the Beach Wellness website to navigate all health and wellness resources available on campus.
- Student Recreation and Wellness Center
- University Student Union (Shower cabanas near pool available over summer)
- West Gym Locker Rooms
- Center for Latino Community Health (Semester Use, Free)
- Games Center in the USU ($25/semester)
- Student Recreation and Wellness Center (Day Use, Free)
EBT Accepting Food Locations
- USU Corner Market (CalFresh EBT)
For the full list of DSA Programs and Services, please click here.