Design & Construction Services is responsible for managing the design, permitting, and construction activities for the University, including major and minor capital outlay, capital renewal, deferred maintenance, and department funded projects for all state and non-state facilities.
Design & Construction Services is the only department on campus with delegated authority from the CSU Office of the Chancellor, Capital Planning, Design and Construction (CPDC) to hire and manage design professionals and contractors to perform work on University property. Design & Construction Services is responsible for enforcing the building code, life-safety requirements, and accessibility for all campus projects and facilities. In order to maximize space utilization, our department works closely with capital planning, the university administration, and faculty to develop space programs for the campus, including new buildings and renovations.
The mission of Design & Construction Services is to develop physical spaces, both interior and exterior, that create environments that are conducive to, and enhance, the working, learning, and teaching experience for faculty, staff, and students.
As a customer service oriented group, the Design & Construction Services team of design professionals, Architects, LEED Accredited Professionals, Certified Access Specialists (CASp), project managers, construction inspectors, construction managers, and administrative support staff represent the interests of the University and ensures all project objectives are satisfied.
- Project Management
- LEED Certified Professional support | Green Build and Energy Policy
- Building Code Analysis
- Contract Dispute Resolution
- Moving and Relocation Coordination (related to a project)
- Access Compliance (ADA) Review and Consulting
- Design Professional Selection Process
- Design Review Board
- Landscape Architectural Design Review and Quality Control
- Interior Design Services
- Site Design Guidance and Direction
- Campus Arts & Memorials
- Construction Review of Construction Plans
- Project Bidding and Award
- Project Communication
- Construction Coordination
- Construction Management and Contract Administration
- Construction Budget and Schedule Management
- Building Inspection
- Project Closeout
- Warranty Response Coordination