Consistent with public-health guidelines, California State University, Long Beach has instituted social-distancing guidelines for all registered students to help reduce the risk of transmission. All students are required to follow these guidelines.
What is social distancing or physical distancing? It means staying home, avoiding crowds, and staying at least six feet away from others whenever possible.
- Maintain six (6) feet of physical (social) distancing at all times on campus, whether indoors or outdoors.
- Follow all University directives in regard to seating and campus property.
- Avoid any crowds and places where a lot of people are together.
- If in-person interaction is unavoidable, the interaction should be for a minimum period of time, in a large area room, and individuals should maintain at least six feet of separation from each other.
- Wear a face covering. Make sure to use it properly. See the CSULB face covering policy for more information.
- Avoid congregating in spaces, both indoors and outdoors.
- No loitering in indoor or outdoor spaces.
- Large venues and events are not to be scheduled due to the current mandated social distancing requirements.
- No in-person student organization events should take place as current county guidelines state that all public and private gatherings of any number of people occurring outside a single household are prohibited.
- No in-person events/gatherings/meetings are permitted on campus through May 15, 2021 (this date is subject to change).
- Residential students should refer to their Housing Agreement for further guidance on common areas and living spaces within the residence halls.
- All students and student organizations must adhere to published CSULB policies and regulations, local and state, and other applicable regulations, guidelines, laws and orders, as they will be treated as an expectation of the Standards for Student Conduct. Lack of compliance with this policy may be referred to the Office of Student Conduct and Ethical Development.
Please note that this policy may be updated as new information regarding the best methods to contain the virus is received.