The Advancement of Women Awards honor individuals for their work on behalf of women. The PCSW seeks to recognize a student, a lecturer, a tenured/tenure-track faculty member, a staff member and an administrator for their demonstrated commitment to the advancement of women. Selected recipients will receive their awards at the Women's Research Colloquium.
The nominee's contributions can be in one or more of the following areas: instructional activities and achievements, scholarly and creative activities and achievements, campus service, advising and mentoring, and community service. Contributions that were made in other areas will also be considered.
Nominations open Thursday, October 1, 2020 and are due Friday, February 19, 2021.
Nomination packets must include:
From the nominator:
- A completed nomination form [PDF]
- A letter of nomination highlighting the nominee's significant activities and achievements relevant to the award (maximum 2 pages).
From the nominee:
- A list of significant activities and achievements related to the award (maximum 2 pages).
- A personal statement of how some of the listed activities and achievements advance women (maximum 2 pages).
All nomination materials must be submitted electronically to email@example.com. Confirmation of receipt will be provided within 2 business days. If application is not acknowledged as received, please contact this e-mail address.
The selected honorees for this annual award will each be recognized at the Women's Research Colloquium. Each honoree will receive a recognition plaque, and the recipient's name will be engraved on a perpetual plaque that is displayed in the CSULB Women's & Gender Equity Center.
For more information about the awards and the nominating process please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Current PCSW commissioners are not eligible.
- Community Organization: American Association of University Women (AAUW)
- Shelley Arnold & Campus Partner: Pam Rayburn
- Administrator: Natalia Gatdula
- Staff: Pam Rayburn
- Student: Genesis Jara
- Faculty (tenure/tenure-track): Shelley Eriksen
- Faculty: Denise Cucurny
- Student: Marissa Mayeda
- Community Organization: Soroptimist International of Long Beach -
- Lynn Hermstad & Campus Partner: Jackie Wetteland
- Faculty (tenure/tenure-track): Sophia Pandya
- Faculty: Rosie Kar
- Staff: Pamela Lewis
- Student: Leah Sakacs
- Faculty: Raven Pfister
- Staff: Lindsay San Migel
- Student: Benigna Hernandez
- Community Organization: YMCA of Greater Los Angeles - Alva Moreno
- & Campus Partners: Pamela Rayburn & Jeane Caveness
- Faculty (tenure/tenure-track): Lori Baralt
- Faculty: Nina Flores
- Administrator: Terie Bostic Basile
- Student: Amber Melvin
- Student: Daisy Cisneros
- Faculty: Panadda Marayong
- Student: Sandra Reed
- Faculty: Shira Tarrant
- Staff: Alisha Herrick
- Student: Roxanna Gracia
- Community Organization: Girls Incorporated of Orange County -
- Amanda McMahon
- & Faculty Collaborators: Courtney Ahrens & Mary Caputi
- Faculty: Lauren Rauscher
- Student: Jenna Sutherlin
- Special Recognition: Chuwee Kwon, Claudia McCain
- Faculty: Dr. Claire Martin
- Staff: Vivian Barrera
- Special Recognition: Women's Studies Student Association
- Faculty: Dr. Julie Van Camp
- Staff: Pamela Jesse
- Faculty: Courtney Ahrens
- Staff: Coleen Followell
- Student: Catherine Ricohermoso
- Special Recognition: Dee Abrahamse
- Faculty: Dr. Sharon Guthrie
- Staff: Kim Hinckson
- Student: Zion Redie
- Administrator: Dr. Sandra Cynar
- Faculty: Dr. Eve Oishi
- Staff: Stacie Bauerle
- Student: Lauren Leahy
- Administrator: Dr. Dixie Grimmett
- Special Recognition: President Maxson
- Faculty: Rosa Moreno-Alcaraz
- Staff: Lily Gossage
- Student: Monique Comminey
- Administrator: Jean Houck
- Faculty: Patricia Rozee
- Staff: Lynne Coenen, Bonnie Myers
- Student: Cecile Basila