In order to ensure the safety and enjoyment of the Garden for all visitors, we ask you to take the the following rules into consideration:
- No food or drinks are allowed. Unfortunately the Garden is not able to accommodate picnic lunches. If you are interested in hosting a gathering at the Garden, please contact the Garden Rental Department by email or by calling (562) 985-8889.
- Only service animals are allowed into the Garden.
- Only feed the fish with food provided by the Garden. Koi food is available for purchase for 50 cents per handful.
- No dumping of animals of any kind into the pond (i.e. fish, turtles, etc.)
- Do not throw anything into, or attempt to retrieve something from, the pond. If you drop something in, let the Garden staff know and they will retrieve it for you.
- Running is prohibited.
- Bikes are not allowed inside the garden. A bike rack is provided outside the side gate.
- All forms of smoking are prohibited.
- Please stay on the pathways at all times. Please do not step over barriers, climb trees, enter waterfall areas, or step into the raked rock garden.
- Do not hang on to or hang anything off of branches.
- Noncommercial photography is permitted, but the usage of a tripod, props, light reflectors, or other large equipment is not. Please no professional photography without advance approval from the Education Department or Garden Rental Department. For more information regarding professional photography, please visit our page for Photo Sessions.
- Sketching and watercolor painting is allowed if all art materials are on a protective sheet to avoid staining sidewalks and benches. No oil painting is allowed.
Thank you for your cooperation!