A "How To" speaker series, presented by the IIE, ASI Beach Pride Events, and the Career Development Center. Every month will hold a spotlight discussion navigating hot topics that every young entrepreneur needs to know.
How to Be an Entrepreneur
September 24th, 2019 - This meeting provides steps you can take for a successful launch to your business.
- Samantha Argosino, Owner, Little Brass Cafe Express
- Brett Dickstein, Business Advisor at the Small Business Development Center and Bixel Exchange Tech Incubator
How to Get the Most Out of the Irregular Workforce
October 29th, 2019 - This meeting provides various strategies to get started and benefit in the gig economy.
How to Be a Tech Entrepreneur
November 12th, 2019 - This meeting provides resources to create a revenue-generating product or service in the tech industry.
How to Find Campus Connections
March 2nd, 2019 - This meeting discusses strategies for building an impressive and effective business team. The effort required to launch a new venture can seem daunting and is best when done with strong, diverse, and qualified team members. Being part of the CSULB campus community affords you great resources and this series shines a light on what those resources are.
- Brenda Freshman, Ph.D., Founder and President of Orbis Unim, LLC
- Anita Herrera-Hamilton, Ph.D., Founder of Nerdherds.org
- Marissa Herrera-Raines, Communications Major at CSULB
How to Protect Your Intellectual Property
April 9th, 2019 (delayed 1 week due to campus Spring Break closure) - This meeting focuses on how to protect your IP by way of patents, copyrights, trademarks, and trade secrets.
- Steve Boyer, Assistant Professor, CSULB College of the Arts
- Ashleigh Stone, Esq., Principal Attorney at Stone Law & Consulting
How to Get a Job in the Gig Economy
May 7th, 2019 - This meeting provides key strategies and resources to develop successful self-employment opportunities.