Faculty Participation - Roundtable Chair Volunteer
Faculty participation is a key component of the campus-wide Graduate Research Conference. Faculty can participate in multiple ways:
- Motivate graduate students to submit a 500-word abstract for the conference and/or to attend the conference.
- Attend the conference and show support for your graduate student(s)—and encourage other faculty to attend the conference.
- Serve as a roundtable chair (see Proposal Submission for a description of roundtable discussions).
Serving as a roundtable chair is particularly important. Faculty who serve in this role will be asked to review 3-5 abstracts and will serve as a roundtable chair at the conference. It is through this role that faculty provide constructive feedback and commentary to students. The conference takes place on Tuesday, November 19, 2019, from 4-7pm. Faculty who volunteer as a roundtable chair will receive more detailed instructions in October on review criteria and roles.
Interested faculty should fill out a Faculty Volunteer Form to let us know how you can make this event successful.
Important Dates for Faculty Reviewers
- Deadline for faculty to volunteer as Faculty Reviewers: Friday, November 1, 2019
- Faculty Reviewers receive students’ abstracts by Saturday, November 2, 2019 and provide commentary on the day of conference.
- Graduate Research Conference event: Tuesday, November 19, 2019, 4-7pm