All Information & Communication Technology (ICT) goods or services acquired in the form of computers, hardware, software systems, software maintenance, telecommunications, applications, websites, digital subscriptions or other digital technology products, including Televisions, etc. or sensitive items that contain level 1 or level 2 data require review and approval, even if acquired at zero cost.
- Submit an E&IT Checklist - This will create a ticket that will be reviewed by both Procurement & DoIT. (Procurement will notify you when your ticket is approved and complete. You can review the status of your ticket at any time by logging into the IT Help Chiclet found under your CSULB Single Sign-On.)
- Once you have received approval, you may then move forward with your acquisition. (This process must be completed before acquiring your goods or services.)
For mobile or cellular devices, refer to Telephones.
For Drones, refer to Drones.
For 3D Printers, refer to Equipment.
Please note that Procurement Compliance Reviews (PCR) may take up to a minimum of 10 days or more to process, so please plan accordingly.
It is recommended to submit a ticket to the ICT Procurement Compliance Review (PCR) Process and attach all pertinent information prior to submitting the requisition.
Yes, if a signed document is required or if the amount is greater than $9,999 and if the purchase will be from a foreign supplier, please submit the Foreign Purchase requirements with the requisition.
Follow all other guidelines noted in the Key Purchasing Requirements and Quote/Bid Thresholds to confirm if a requisition is required.
If a requisition is required, the minimum time for generating a dispatched purchase order:
A minimum of 10 working days after Purchasing receives all completed documentation.
Administrative Guidelines Related To This Purchase?
Key Purchasing Requirements And Quote/Bid Thresholds?
Campus - All Goods & Services purchases between $50,000 - $500,000 require a minimum of 3 competitive quotes. If obtaining quotes from small or disabled veteran businesses, then only 2 quotes are required from the same classification (for example, 2 small business quotes).
Any amount over $10,000 must be submitted on a requisition.
Anything under $50,000 is at the discretion of the Purchasing Department as to whether additional quotes are required.
Purchases over $500,000 require a Request Formal Proposal (RFP). If obtaining quotes from small or disabled veteran businesses, then only 2 quotes are required from the same classification (for example, 2 small business quotes).
Foundation “G” (Grants) Funds - All Goods & Services purchases anything under $50,000 is at the discretion of the Purchasing Department as to whether additional quotes are required. Anything between $50,000 - $100,000 require 3 informal quotes. Purchases over $100,000 require a Request Formal Proposal (RFP).
Additional Forms or Requirements?
- An approved PCR approval or E&IT Checklist must be completed each fiscal year and submitted with any payment type other than Purchase Order. If a subscription is a renewal, note that on the PCR ticket.
- Contract review by Purchasing if T&C's are included on a click-through agreement
- Must meet EPEAT standards. Consistent with the State of California’s procurement policies, the University shall require that whenever an EPEAT registered product is available that meets purchasing specifications, that the EPEAT registered product to be selected.
- Beach Building Services pre-approval is required for any alteration to a building structure (for example, drilling a hole or affixing something to a wall). Please complete the Equipment Purchase Checklist and submit this completed DocuSign form with your requisition.
- Determine the level of data/information security stored using Information classification standard
- The following two Forms may be requested by Information Security when indicating that Level 1, Level 2 data, or Cloud will be utilized.
- On-campus Security Data Requirements Checklist (PDF) for the requesting department to complete when the IT contract renewal is submitted online
- Higher Education Cloud Vendor Assessment Tool (HECVAT) (XLS) for the vendor to complete
By accepting a contract with the CSU, Contractors must certify they are neither nor its principals or its subcontractors are presently debarred, suspended, proposed for debarment, declared ineligible or voluntarily excluded from participation in transactions by any federal department or agency (2 Code Federal Regulations[CFR] 180.220, in accordance with the Office of Management and Budget guidelines at 2 CFR 180 that implement Executive Orders 12549 (3 CFR Part 1986 Comp., p. 189) and 12689 (3 CFR Part 1989 Comp., p. 235).
For contracts using both, CSU and federally awarded funds, a debarment check must be completed prior to issuing any procurement contracts of goods or services that are $25,000.00 or greater.
Risk Management Review Required?
Yes, as required.
Payments and Approvals
- Permitted Payment Options: Subject to the above requirements.
- PO – Allowed
- ProCard – Allowed
- One Card – Allowed
- Direct Pay – Allowed
- Employee Reimbursement – Not Allowed
- Documents required:
- Supplier Invoice
- Additional required documents listed under the Additional Forms or Requirements section above.
- Delegated approval (DOA) using one of the following options
- Purchase Order (PO)
- Dispatched PO & receipt of goods through Shipping & Receiving (no action required by requesting department)
- Authorized stamp on invoice referencing PO# and Acknowledgement of Service
- Electronic approval (via email) sent directly to email@example.com
- Purchase Order (PO)
- Contingent Documents
- Payment Notes:
- All checks will be mailed by the Accounts Payable department
Invoices received by Accounts Payable, prior to payment, are routed to the requester or approver to verify receipt of service or items. Reference the Invoice Approval Process for more
- Please submit your ICT contract renewals using the online process as early as possible. Submitting your ICT contract renewals at least 2 months in advance of the renewal date would be optimal.
- Copy of the Terms and Conditions or licensing agreement
- The cost/quote of the product
- If applicable, is the software product intended to be loaded on a University computer or online cloud-based solution
All ICT (Information & Communication Technology) purchases require that whenever an Electronic Product Environmental Assessment Tool (EPEAT) product is available that meets the purchasing specifications, that the EPEAT registered product to be selected.
Common GL Account(s) to Use
- 616001 - I/T Communication
- 616002 - I/T Hardware
- 616003 - I/T Software
- 616005- I/T Miscellaneous Costs
Refer to your Division/College/Department for additional policies and procedures.